Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeep furniture?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepJedi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jeep furniture?
    Posted: 12 Jan. 2022 at 4:12pm
When I bought my project Jeep, it came with an extra tub and random parts from another 1946 CJ2A (#44900).  The body was in really bad shape to the point of not being salvageable, but the dash was surprisingly solid and the grill mostly intact.  Not wanting to waste anything, I decided to turn it into something cool & useful.  I made a fireplace mantle and grate for my man cave.  (it's a "fake" electric fireplace) I think it came out really great and I thought some here might appreciate it.
Has anybody else put old jeep parts to good use?  Let's see em!

Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2022 at 4:33pm
That is pretty cool. I have seen benches made with old tailgates, and a friend of mine had a grill hanging on the wall with lights that worked.
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
SharingPoet517 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SharingPoet517 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2022 at 8:33pm
That looks awesome! I think I saw a desk made from MB parts once, though I could only hope those were aftermarket parts because I remember the parts looking really nice. I found an original MB grill at an antique store for $220 about a year or two ago that I wanted to buy and hang on my wall, but unfortunately the rest of the family said no to that idea. I'm still kicking myself lol

Edited by SharingPoet517 - 14 Jan. 2022 at 1:09pm
I'm not actually a poet, just an old online name I use

45 #11319 - Pasture Green
46 #35578 - Harvest Tan (Data Tags Only)
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2022 at 11:19pm
Both my son and I have Jeep grilles hanging on wall,  but I don't think I have ever seen a fireplace screen before. Shocked    (even if not real fire)

Looks great!
Thisoldwillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thisoldwillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2022 at 7:57am
I have a whole room of willys furniture but pics are such a pita on here 
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2022 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Thisoldwillys Thisoldwillys wrote:

.........but pics are such a pita on here 

Are you trying to post from a phone or PC?

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2022 at 9:27am
Great ideas!

Dean
'47 CJ2A "Mud Hen"
The less the Power the More the Force
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2022 at 4:09pm
I posted a picture of a 3B (with the Willys lettering) grill table some time back. One of my sons sent me the picture. He took it at Tamarac (the WV State art facility on I64 at Beckley). What I didn't post was that it was for sale at $3,200. So there is some market for this stuff. Keep at it.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2022 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by 3A Steve 3A Steve wrote:

....What I didn't post was that it was for sale at $3,200. So there is some market for this stuff. Keep at it.

Let's just play 'devils advocate' here for a minute....I was recently in a junk store, uh, antique boutique I would call it.....you know, painted "distressed" furniture, smelly dead flower leaves in bowls, different 'flavors' of soap, etc.

I spied a normally patina-ed 2A grill.....complete but with badly done wiring job with 110 lighting...$495 !! Come on!

Is this where we want the market to go?  I don't ....but I guess if you were selling it would be a different story.

(I would just be embarrassed to price the stuff like that) WinkLOL

Edited by rocnroll - 13 Jan. 2022 at 8:06pm
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2022 at 1:33am
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

Originally posted by 3A Steve 3A Steve wrote:

....What I didn't post was that it was for sale at $3,200. So there is some market for this stuff. Keep at it.

Let's just play 'devils advocate' here for a minute....I was recently in a junk store, uh, antique boutique I would call it.....you know, painted "distressed" furniture, smelly dead flower leaves in bowls, different 'flavors' of soap, etc.

I spied a normally patina-ed 2A grill.....complete but with badly done wiring job with 110 lighting...$495 !! Come on!

Is this where we want the market to go?  I don't ....but I guess if you were selling it would be a different story.

(I would just be embarrassed to price the stuff like that) WinkLOL

I put $300 on a '46 modified grill in my antique booth. I'm really hoping it does not sell, it just kept getting in my way in my 15x20 tent garage ( which is already full Embarrassed) and I really don't want to leave it outside in the constant Oregon coast rain. No room inside my 700 sq. ft. house either, beside the girlfriend would not be pleased (especially now that her daughter moved back in with her baby and boyfriend (even bigger baby)LOLAngry) .

Back to the grill maybe I should raise the price so there is no chance it does sell unless it is for really stupid money. I'd like to hang it in my garage someday, well hoping too. 

Had another grill in way worse shape sell for $125, which shocked me. It was rotted, cut up and bigger parking/turn signal lights added.
Years before I got a booth there,  I saw another vendor with a M38 grill ask $200 and thought that was crazy but it sold quick.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2022 at 8:27am
There's a good bit of difference in your prices and the $500 and change that I saw though.Wink

I don't think the prices you quoted are neccesarily out of line. (I doubt the antique store I was in had a personal 'dont want to sell it price'  on theirs....didn't really seem like keepers)

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2022 at 6:16pm
My general comments weren't about anything or anybody in this thread at all ....was just venting about so called antique stores selling 'our' stuff at inflated prices.

I thoroughly enjoy seeing our guys creativity.....the grill heater screen first posted is really cool and one I haven't seen done before. Thumbs Up

Was also really hoping we could see some of Scott's roomful too!!  KEEP 'EM COMIN' this will be a good thread!

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2022 at 6:32pm
There is this show on DIY network or something called flee market flip… They pick up stuff at the Elephants Trunk flee market which is like 15 miles from my home.. They repurpose the item
and bring it to Brooklyn NY to sell… They may purchase something for 20$ and sell it for 400$. I always say the person buying that item has more money than brains LOL
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
3-48s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-48s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2022 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by ggordon49 ggordon49 wrote:

There is this show on DIY network or something called flee market flip… They pick up stuff at the Elephants Trunk flee market which is like 15 miles from my home.. They repurpose the item
and bring it to Brooklyn NY to sell… They may purchase something for 20$ and sell it for 400$. I always say the person buying that item has more money than brains LOL

Maybe some one has more $ than brains and would buy one of these from me????

1945 CJ2A #10536
1948 CJ2A #176528 "Elmer"
1948 CJ2A #155970 "Gray Mule"
1948 CJ2A #155365 "Old Yeller" (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 6147 (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 30856
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2022 at 12:03am
Originally posted by 3-48s 3-48s wrote:

Maybe some one has more $ than brains and would buy one of these from me????

Well the only problem with that I see, Greg, (and I think we talked about this on the phone one day as a matter of fact Wink ) is that I have two or three of those old clam back chairs and they are hard to improve upon comfort-wise except for a cushion maybe....soooooo, the same problem I see with 'tailgate bench backs' is the same I see with these.....THEY JUST DON'T LOOK COMFORTABLE. LOL

That said, there may be a tailgate bench somewhere in my distant future whenever I find my round tuit. Wink

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Bufordjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bufordjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2022 at 9:33am
TV stand…
JeepJedi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepJedi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2022 at 9:57am
I love the TV stand!  The leaf spring suspension is a nice touch. 
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2022 at 9:58am
He looks sad. LOL
   (is that rear spring an old trailer spring?)

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>