Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Trail build?? Navy Jeep?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Trail build?? Navy Jeep?
    Posted: 22 May 2023 at 8:25am
My friend Matt stopped by the willys reunion and snapped some photos of the jeep... He Makes my photos look like a 3 year old took them! I thought you guys might enjoy them! Its amazing what a good camera can do in the hands of someone that knows what they're doing. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar. 2023 at 1:43pm
The Jeep got some much needed comfort upgrades.. 

JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2023 at 10:49pm
That pintle does match the rest of Jeep. Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2023 at 7:03pm
Because of the drivetrain swap I can no longer use the PTO so I removed it and the drawbar... shaved some more weight and gained some ground clearance. Just picked up a nice old pintle hitch and it already had the perfect patina to match the rest of the jeep!

Heres a link to the engine swap if you want to see it. 

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/mazda-rotary-wankel-swap-willys_topic52079.html

You can see the new exhaust and "non-jeep" transfer case hiding back in there.... 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2023 at 11:27am
Originally posted by LuzonRed47 LuzonRed47 wrote:

Seth's heater upgrade has been one of the greatest revelations on the 2A Page in the last decade. A really useful discovery (of the heater unit) and excellent installation advice.

Wow that’s a mighty generous comment! Thank you. I hope those videos help keep some other jeepers warm! 👍 
LuzonRed47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2023 at 11:12am
Seth's heater upgrade has been one of the greatest revelations on the 2A Page in the last decade. A really useful discovery (of the heater unit) and excellent installation advice.
CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2023 at 10:30am
Here’s the front locker install on my Dana 25. The process and part number is the same for the Dana 27 as well. 👍 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2023 at 10:27am
Originally posted by General Eisenhower General Eisenhower wrote:

I really like that heater setup, discrete but powerful. If my head had the bypass drilled I'd do it, however it does not unfortunately. 
As always I enjoyed the videos!

Thanks General! The heater really has been nice in these cold months. I’ve been quite happy
With it! 👍 
General Eisenhower View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Eisenhower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec. 2022 at 1:19pm
I really like that heater setup, discrete but powerful. If my head had the bypass drilled I'd do it, however it does not unfortunately. 
As always I enjoyed the videos!
I Like Ike!
1948 CJ2a "Hefty Horse"
1994 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2016 Jeep JKU 75th anniversary edition

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec. 2022 at 1:12pm
The "navy jeep hasn't had too many updates since I finished the top... Ive been driving it as much as I can. its been running great! since my last post i have replaced F/R pinion seals and installed a heater and front/rear lockers... Ill post some video updates below. BIG CHANGES COMING AFTER CHRISTMAS!

Heater install:

3 month heater review:

Rear locker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct. 2022 at 8:26am
Originally posted by LuzonRed47 LuzonRed47 wrote:

Seth, the canvas work looks superb! What did you use for seat cushion material - foam?

Thank you! It’s just some dense black foam I picked up at a surplus store. It’s a little more firm than I would like but I think that’s good since these cushions are much more thin than my cj seats. 🤷‍♂️ 
LuzonRed47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2022 at 4:16pm
Seth, the canvas work looks superb! What did you use for seat cushion material - foam?
CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2022 at 7:55am
Originally posted by nofender nofender wrote:

Continues to impress! looks great!

Thanks guys!

Well the kids were home for Columbus day so we took the jeep on its first longer drive and did some geocaching and checked out the fall colors.. We did about 35 miles of gravel, pavement and some 2-track. the jeep did great! It was chilly out but we all got overheated even without a heater.... Im not used to a flatty with a top haha! I will also be really hard to get used to the lack of power and poor fuel economy after driving the tdi willys for 5 years..... Not sure how long this will last in stock form haha! 

nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2022 at 5:21am
Continues to impress! looks great!
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
General Eisenhower View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Eisenhower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct. 2022 at 9:22am
I really like the patina that the jeep has from that front picture. Normally I don't care for it, but it looks really good
I Like Ike!
1948 CJ2a "Hefty Horse"
1994 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2016 Jeep JKU 75th anniversary edition
AKoller View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKoller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct. 2022 at 8:17am
Both the seats and the top look fantastic. Keep up the good work.
1950 CJ3A "Thumper"
1966 M151 A1
1942 GPW #70221

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct. 2022 at 7:46am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct. 2022 at 7:45am
Praise the Lord the top is officially done! 

Andrea finished the seats for me this weekend too. They are installed and look amazing. I can handle the les precise heavy handed stitches in the canvas top but she is extremally gifted with the fine precise sewing on the cushions.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>