Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Trail build?? Navy Jeep?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by LuzonRed47 LuzonRed47 wrote:

What tires are you considering for this rig? 

I think it will eventually get ndt's but for now im going to run the wheels and tires I got for my Instagram tire comparison videos. they are 32x9 sedonas on 15x6 scout wheels. 

Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 8:52pm
Made a little more progress this weekend.

Made extended clutch rod for the 420... here it is next to a stock t90 rod. 

power tapping a 5/16-24 extension for the clutch cable clevis. I had to extend everything about 7 inches. 

Picked up the new starter... 

Finally satisfied with the tub placement so I drilled the body mounts and finish trimmed the trans and pto openings. Plasma makes the job so nice!

Fuel tank and shifters fitted. 

Its all coming together now!

AKoller View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKoller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 9:22pm
This is a great build Seth. I enjoy reading about your progress. I sure like the 7:1 first gear in my SM420.
1950 CJ3A "Thumper"
1966 M151 A1
1942 GPW #70221

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 10:45pm
Well, shes together enough to drive around the yard... should I bring it to the willys reunion this weekend?

JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 11:06pm
I took Wilson to Rubicon with 30 miles of testing on a complete drivetrain swap  . . .  I say "do it"  haha

Whatever you bring,  it will be great to see you again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 8:48pm
Well.... Its been a crazy week. I havent posted much because of the time crunch for the willys reunion. I took both of my jeeps. we had a great day wheeling at the off road park and a great weekend at the show! The jeep got some positive reviews and to confused looks too. haha! 

Here it is at the reunion..

My 13 year old son had a blast driving around the parking lot. 

On the trailer headed for home...

IM still looking for a large hole gpw/mb tank... this was my setup for the weekend... it got a lot of laughs. haha! 

Luxury interior installed! 

PTO and "fish" plate installed! 

I just cant bring myself to not try to save the patina on these groovy yellow parts. They have to original Olive drab poking through.. So i spent some time today getting them back to something usable. The drivers side fender was the worst so I started with that one.... Since its a patina build it doesn't have to be perfect. 

I was able to free up the hinges on the original headlight hinges too! 

I even managed to get the wingnut....winging again! 

Hopefully tomorrow I can finish the passenger fender and then fix the hood and make a trans tunnel then the tub will be ready for paint!

berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 9:55pm
Love seeing your progress here and on Instagram (I'm toyjeeps Big smile). Has me motivated to do something everyday, regardless what it is on my 2A build.

Frank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 10:10pm
Hi,

Wow, you have done alot of work on the jeep. Appears to be coming together very nicely.

In my pre CJ 2A life, I restored a few WW 2 jeeps. 

One little thing I did notice was the hinge for the headlight. The hinge (bolt) portion should be mounted under the grill, not on top of the grill.

Just wanted to help out is all. It is your jeep, so have fun with it,

Frank

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 9:50am
Video update 

SlaterDoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlaterDoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 10:01am
Can't wait to see that puppy in Navy Gray!Wink

Once a Navy man, always a Navy man!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 10:41am
Originally posted by SlaterDoc SlaterDoc wrote:

Can't wait to see that puppy in Navy Gray!Wink

Sorry to disappoint but there really won’t be anything navy about this jeep besides the data plate….including the color. Lol…

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 10:42am
Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

Love seeing your progress here and on Instagram (I'm toyjeeps Big smile). Has me motivated to do something everyday, regardless what it is on my 2A build.

Awesome! I just try to do at least one thing a day even if it’s ordering a part or reading up on something. Progress is progress right? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2022 at 6:47am
Finally got back at it! Passenger side fender repairs! 

The patina on this one is awesome! I wish I knew more of its history.
The guy I bought the yellow parts from said it came off of his 45 gpw. He said the serial numbers on the gpw matched the engine and frame and had a USN plate??? so perhaps it had some navy affiliation as well.. Were GPW's ever assigned to the navy? under the yellow are several diffent colors. Starting with a red primer, then  light grey...then OD green, then a darker green then blue then yellow. 

Getting everything tacked in place! 

The hood gap will be better once I repair the bad crossmember on the hood that is causing it to spring up. Slowly getting there! 

ace32107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ace32107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2022 at 8:47am
great looking build Seth!
CJ5
CJ2A
/l ,[____],
l---L -OllllllO-
()_)-()_)-o-)_)
LuzonRed47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2022 at 11:08am
Great progress Seth, and love the patina of that screamin' yellow front end!

Tell us about Sedona tires - where'd you source them? Cost? What size road wheels are they mounted on?
CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2022 at 11:31am
Originally posted by LuzonRed47 LuzonRed47 wrote:

Great progress Seth, and love the patina of that screamin' yellow front end!

Tell us about Sedona tires - where'd you source them? Cost? What size road wheels are they mounted on?

Thanks!  The Sedona are 32x10. I bought them at a local sxs tire shop. I got a deal on them but they are now around $200 each and sold out everywhere. Haha. I have them on 15x6 scout wheels. They are excellent off road but ndt’s will do anything they can do. There’s lots of videos in the events section of me testing them out at Rausch creek last week. I did more extensive testing on road and ice/snow on my Instagram page. I pitted them up against the 7.50 ndt 
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2022 at 8:32pm
Wow this jeep is so cool!!
Glad your keeping the yellow patina it’s awesome!!
As others have mentioned, your ambition and progress is a great motivator to get out in my shop and work on my jeep projects!
How do you like your land cruiser starter?
I just installed one on my fc-150 and it is great. 
Keep up the great work!
1946 cj2a desert dog
1946 cj2a bulldog
1948 cj2a blue jeep
1953 cj3b yard dog
1955 willys wagon
1955 willys pickup
1956 willys pickup boomer
1960 fc 170
1968 jeepster commando
1990 Grand wagoneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2022 at 6:42pm
Ben: thank you! Yes the Land cruiser starter is working great! They are so cheap and spin nice and fast!

Well..... Life has been busy! I haven't posted in awhile but I have still been working on the Jeep! I know some of you saw it at the willys picnic this weekend. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 13>