Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Trail build?? Navy Jeep?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2022 at 2:35pm
Thanks guys!

Nick: hopefully my silly Videos don't “influence” too many people. Haha! 

Today my daughter helped me fill the tank with water to do a leak test and check the capacity! I’m pretty happy with the new fuel capacity! 

berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2022 at 6:45pm
You are not going to want to fill it up fully, need room for expansion.
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2022 at 7:09pm
It’s hydrogen powered so I’m good. 

Edited by Millennium falcon - 22 June 2022 at 7:13pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2022 at 2:50pm
Well Ron…. I was thinking of you the whole time…. Haha! Glad that’s over with! I finished the trans tunnel today. Also had to make a small plate for the pto cover. I’ll ad a boot to that as well. I also had to close up the hole I had to make for the tank. You can see the sharpie line where the tank sits cut into the hump in the gpw tub. I’ll finish welding and smoothing Everything out when I pull the tub for final assembly. I still have to weld in a panel under the tank from where I removed the sump. 

Edited by Millennium falcon - 23 June 2022 at 2:51pm
dasvis View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2022 at 10:54pm
That tank looks great!
1947 CJ2A #88659 "Rat Patrol"
1953 CJ3A #453-GB1 11266 "Black Beauty"
1964 Thunderbird convertible
..... & one of them moves under it's own power!!
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2022 at 6:40am
Turned out well!! Gr8 job!!
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2022 at 8:28am
Looks great. I love this build. I'm impressed with the pace!! Jeez - everything takes me forever these days! 

Nice work! 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2022 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Millennium falcon Millennium falcon wrote:

Well Ron…. I was thinking of you the whole time…. Haha! Glad that’s over with! I finished the trans tunnel today. Also had to make a small plate for the pto cover. I’ll ad a boot to that as well. I also had to close up the hole I had to make for the tank. You can see the sharpie line where the tank sits cut into the hump in the gpw tub. I’ll finish welding and smoothing Everything out when I pull the tub for final assembly. I still have to weld in a panel under the tank from where I removed the sump. 

That trans cover turned out nice!  Once finished,  it will look like it was from factory.  Also,  will be a nice big hole when removed.  Smile   You did that in 1/10 the time it took me. LOL 

The fuel tank is great also.    Love following this build.
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 12:15pm
I got this sweet jeep flag off Seth’s website for Father’s Day!!
Super impressed with the quality!

Check out all his cool stuff!

Edited by Flatfender Ben - 03 July 2022 at 12:27pm
1946 cj2a desert dog
1946 cj2a bulldog
1948 cj2a blue jeep
1953 cj3b yard dog
1955 willys wagon
1955 willys pickup
1956 willys pickup boomer
1960 fc 170
1968 jeepster commando
1990 Grand wagoneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2022 at 4:39am
Ben: thanks so much for your support and the shoutout. I’m glad you like the flag. I must admit….It’s pretty cool seeing my jeep hangin on someone else’s wall! Thank you for sharing the picture! 

I’ve got a bunch of updates on the build I need to post! 
I hope y’all had a great Independence Day! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2022 at 7:27am
Its been awhile.... Ive been driving the jeep a lot these days while continuing to work on it as parts trickle in. 

Finally found a set of firestones for it. 

Much better!

I went with 7.50s just like my blue jeep. 

I think it completes the look. Wink

For those interested here's a video on how I mount tires by hand...
if you're sensitive to how tube tires are supposed to be mounted you may not want to watch the video.. haha!  This is how I do it and it has worked well for me for a long time. (you've been warned) 
Here's my take on it. We can all do whatever makes us sleep better at night. so if you want to use rim flaps, baby powered, talcum powder....do 3 hail marys and toss salt over your left shoulder and say a chant....inflate and deflate your tube 15 times before you put it in.....more power to ya.  

dasvis View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2022 at 7:44am
Dang, you make it look so easy.  Good video
1947 CJ2A #88659 "Rat Patrol"
1953 CJ3A #453-GB1 11266 "Black Beauty"
1964 Thunderbird convertible
..... & one of them moves under it's own power!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2022 at 7:51am
 The other day someone asked how long it took me to get the jeep to its current state. I had to look up the date on my photos. 
here's the update from the day I brought it home until now. 

Finally got some shocks on the jeep. 

Also found a nice old fawns foot axe... just waiting on my straps to get here from Walcks. I have an old shovel for it as well. 

If you followed my tdi jeep build you probably saw my disc brake setup... Its been hard to go back to 9" drums with the GPW build.. so I will be doing the same 4-wheel disc conversion on this build as well. So I picked up a few dana 30's for donors. the guy also had an offset flanged dana 44 so I grabbed that too. not sure if it will be used in this jeep or not....but I couldn't pass up the deal. 

The setup im using uses parts from dana 30s to adapt discs to the dana 25/41/44. I had to pull apart my other jeep to get some measurements on a few parts I need to make. 

Its an easy swap but there are a few small details I couldn't remember since last time. 

Here's what the front looks like all together (on my blue jeep) Ill work on the rear once this is done. 

I use 10" dana 30 rotors up front and 11" rotors in the rear and it stops amazingly well. I run an adjustable willwood proportioning valve, stock single line master cylinder with the residual valve removed. 

This only works with the 77-79 thick disc dana 30. 1.125" rotors. the brackets from 7/8" rotors are no Bueno. 

Edited by Millennium falcon - 13 July 2022 at 7:53am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2022 at 7:56am

Some of the parts i'll be using waiting to get cleaned up!

LuzonRed47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2022 at 9:36am
Hey, Seth, thanks for the tire-mount video. Those valve-stem holding tools are vital in this process. 

With those meaty 7.50s mounted and more than just the driver in the jeep, do rear tires scrape the wheelhouses under load?
CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2022 at 9:53am
Originally posted by LuzonRed47 LuzonRed47 wrote:

Hey, Seth, thanks for the tire-mount video. Those valve-stem holding tools are vital in this process. 

With those meaty 7.50s mounted and more than just the driver in the jeep, do rear tires scrape the wheelhouses under load?

Thanks, these tires really aren’t that big so I don’t think there will be any issues. They don’t rub on my blue jeep even with the roll cage supports inside the wheel well. I am running spacers on both Jeeps so that helps. Properly adjusted Bump stops are important too. I like my rigs setup with minimal up travel. It’s worked well for me. Both Jeeps also are a little taller than stock (re arched springs) 
Scratch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scratch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2022 at 11:15am
Those yellow wheels look great, almost “too” great… did you do a faux patina on them or is that how they were?
43 GPW 93487 Blk
44 GPW 230283 OD
46 CJ2A 50100 Tan
46 CJ2A 77632 Wht
47 CJ2A 141681 Grn
48 CJ2A 156240 Red/Yel
48 CJ2A "Lefty" 181341 Red
61 CJ5 123120 Tan
03 TJ Inca Gld

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2022 at 2:49pm
Thanks! The wheels needed some repair work so I had to weld blast and replicate the patina on them. 

Luzon: 

Here’s some shots that show how the tires fit the rear wheel wells. There’s quite a bit of room. More so than my tdi jeep if I had to guess. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 13>