Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rausch Creek May 27, 2022 - Event Date: 27 May 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 7:50pm
Says "scattered thunderstorms" very early going to just "thunderstorms" at 11am. Also says to "make plans" whatever that means. Love to jeep with you and Seth again but a long trip for iffy results. Maybe CFCT.
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 7:51pm
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 7:53pm
Yes Bruce, I know the best remembered trails are the worst trails.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 6:42am
I’m kinda committed to Friday. I’m meeting someone and I’m only an hour away. I’m 11 hours from home. That being said, if the rest of you guys want to plan something else for Saturday, I understand. I don’t mind wheeling in the rain but I realize it’s not for everyone; especially driving distance to do so.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 3:10pm
Jarod and Mitch are coming too! 9am still our start time? 
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 3:51pm
Sweet!

I’m going to be there at 8:00 to meet someone. I’ll hang out in the playground till you get there.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 4:09pm
10-4 
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 6:34am

Gr8 day!! Thanks for coming out guys!!
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Rodkom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodkom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 6:57am
My thanks to all for making it a great day in the woods! I’ve never pushed the old girl that hard before.
A rear locker and crawl gear project are now on the to-do list. 
Thanks for the pictures Jeff!
52 CJ3A
68 Jeepster Commando

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 9:42am
Well Boys... I am so glad we made it happen yesterday! What a fun experience. The rain and wind didn't stop us from having a good time. We had short periods of rain/fog/wind but overall it wasn't bad at all it was fun to wheel in different conditions. Here's a few pictures from the day. I will post some videos once I have time to go through all the footage. All our rigs were setup differently so it was fun to see how they each performed on the obstacles. We all made it through some red and black trails. Hats off to Jared for completing the day with a 1 wheel drive and a broken locker and to Rod for making it up all the trails with an open rear and fuel pump issues. I look forward to next time! 

The worst of the rain only lasted about 30 minutes... the sun actually starting coming out by the end of the day. 

The adjustable hammer  demonstration...

And lastly... rare photographic evidence of Jeff moving a rock... Shocked

JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 10:17am
Looks like a good day.

Great photos Jeff and Seth

I was looking at photos on phone and, at first, wondered who brought the light blue Jeep with windshield folded out.,   Then realized it was Seth. LOL     I did not recognize it with windshield out,  and the different tires.  haha
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 11:55am
Home safely! I’m glad you guys had a good time. Other than the fee to get in, Rausch is one of my favorite places to wheel. Lots of obstacles, and they are not too far apart. I didn’t feel like the rain was much of a factor. It may have cost us on some hard portions that we may have not made it up anyway if it were dry. As mentioned, two vehicles without rear lockers navigated black and red trails. I only locked the rear in the toughest spots. No breakage, not for lack of trying. The highlight of my day was doing the red portion of “Cemetery”. Can’t wait to get back and run that one again with Bob W. Thanks again guys!!
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by JeepFever JeepFever wrote:

Looks like a good day.

Great photos Jeff and Seth

I was looking at photos on phone and, at first, wondered who brought the light blue Jeep with windshield folded out.,   Then realized it was Seth. LOL     I did not recognize it with windshield out,  and the different tires.  haha

Yeah the tires really do change the look! You know how I feel about swinging out the windshield but since I don’t have wipers that was the only way I could see without taking the top off and flopping it down. It wasn’t too bad. We definitely missed having you there. Saul and I are ready for some more “Ron stories” 
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 6:07am
Looks like fun. Wish I could have been there. I'm working on the trails closer to home this weekend.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 12:31pm
Here’s the full video from Friday 

Rodkom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodkom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 2:14pm
Great video! Thanks to the film crews and editor! 
52 CJ3A
68 Jeepster Commando
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 4:01pm
Thanks for posting that Seth!! It was a Gr8 time!!
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12