Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what did you do TO your Jeep today? May 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 1:34pm
To all,

I had to go down to the "shop" - (garage) and talk to Rustee (45 2A) about the big event coming up and Rustee will be part of it. Anyway, I got Rustee running and backed out of the shop let her warm up and went for a short putt around the hood.
Rustee seemed excited about getting out in the Sun and wanted to go, but sitting all winter long, I just let Rustee putt along.
Tomorrow I will load Rustee on the trailer and on Sunday take her to Ron F.'s (G503) open house in Central Point, Oregon.
Should be a gala event and lots of fun too,

Frank
JonJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 3:43am
Made some tail gate chain covers.

coastiereid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coastiereid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 6:40am
painted my two front rims grey.

Swampbutt season started in Virginia. It was 95* out and humid- so I didn't get much done on this backyard build.
APRIL
1963 F100
1952 m38 "Salty"
52 M100 (DK) "Seabag"
Former MKC, NAVENG2,now LT (engineer officer) USCG. Served aboard 6 cutters, Recruit Company Commander and Operation Iraqi Freedom/New Dawn vet.
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 10:45am
Put the CJ5 up on the ramps and removed the drive gear in preparation for installing the Warn overdrive I just finished rebuilding. I took a $100 gamble buying that overdrive, and didn't expect much from the way it looked, but it turned out to be in very good condition inside. The planetary gears and hub were in excellent condition and all I had to do to it was clean it out and install new bearings in the bowl gear. So, I ended up with a very nice old Warn OD for less than $200. 

I have to drive down to Paducah KY tomorrow to pick an engine, trans, and TC which already has an overdrive, that drive train will go into one of my CJ2As. I will install the overdrive in the CJ5 first day with decent weather. 
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
JonJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 12:09pm
Opening up the old Byway 

JonJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 12:18pm
General Eisenhower View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Eisenhower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 1:02pm
Replaced my fuel tank and line, so now everything in my fuel system is new or rebuilt and most importantly, clean!

I Like Ike!
1948 CJ2a "Hefty Horse"
1994 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2016 Jeep JKU 75th anniversary edition
Hamhog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamhog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 2:07pm
Stripped and repainted the taillight...gloss black enamel outer, flat white enamel inner.

Dave
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 3:05pm
Since I did not get any of the new parts I ordered, I started to take my '47 apart. Front brake pads and all hardware, wheel cylinders, brake hoses and brake lines removed. I also removed the rear brake hose, line and loosened all eight brake shoes adjusters.  I'll have to bring home the hub puller from work tomorrow so I can remove the drums.
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 6:15am
I began installing the Brennan's garage tracker disc kit on the rear axle,  pulled off the hubs and separated the drums,  drove up to QTM for some rear axle shims, yesterday reinstalled hubs with corrected shim packs. Reinstalled hubs with new longer lug studs, Cn't find my big socket so gonna have to purchase one on my way home.

Pics are from Thursday afternoon, after removing drum and temp installing bracket to determine correct length bolts, after seals and shims were bought I finished installing brackets and new seals and gaskets for installation I noticed the brackets are not drilled up for lower grease relief hole for rear axle so I punched a couple of holes for that too. Installed longer studs so they will be long enough for my set of Jackman rims, now just need to replace both side brake lines for flex hose install. 

x

Edited by jeeper50 - 23 May 2022 at 9:31am

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

48walker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2022 at 10:56pm
Replaced an exhaust valve, adjusted the valves (and figured out the lifters aren't wearing evenly-the valve clearance changes when I rotate the lifters. Crap. Set at .016 at their closest contact points, so I'll have to live with a little extra chatter until I figure out how to replace lifters.) Replaced the head gasket and put 30 miles on her, no leaks, so that felt pretty good. Third time's the charm for me on head gaskets, I guess. Not a bad day, considering.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12