Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do TO your jeep today? June 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2022 at 12:07am
Magnets!
1951 M38
1951 M100
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2022 at 5:52am
Genius! Both.

Edited by eestes1 - 22 June 2022 at 5:53am
Rick Estes
ace32107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ace32107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2022 at 8:35am
Lucky, I wish Maine would issue me an ATV sticker for jeep.
CJ5
CJ2A
/l ,[____],
l---L -OllllllO-
()_)-()_)-o-)_)
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2022 at 10:13am
Originally posted by ace32107 ace32107 wrote:

Lucky, I wish Maine would issue me an ATV sticker for jeep.

Why? Unless you do not run your Jeep on the public roads, it is just one more tax on us.

Bruce, that is genius! While magnets may work, I would not trust them overnight. I really dislike having gear lube spilled all over the floor. It is though to get it all mopped up & the smell is forever.
BD1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2022 at 6:08pm
In Maine I think you are either/or; motor vehicle or ATV. I don’t think I’m missing anything by staying off the ATV only trails, other than traffic, noise and dust.
BD
'47 CJ2a, Shiny on top!
'55 CJ5 project
TMRoper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMRoper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2022 at 7:46am
I hope I'm not messing up this thread but I have a question about the ATV stickers. Do you need one on all ATV trails or can you use a license plate, and if you don't have a licence plate can you use a ATV sticker. and if you have a license plate do you also need a ATV sticker. We just moved to Colorado from Oklahoma and I can't get a clear answer
General Eisenhower View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Eisenhower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2022 at 8:45am
Replaced my clutch fork

I Like Ike!
1948 CJ2a "Hefty Horse"
1994 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2016 Jeep JKU 75th anniversary edition
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2022 at 11:53am
Originally posted by TMRoper TMRoper wrote:

I hope I'm not messing up this thread but I have a question about the ATV stickers. Do you need one on all ATV trails or can you use a license plate, and if you don't have a licence plate can you use a ATV sticker. and if you have a license plate do you also need a ATV sticker. We just moved to Colorado from Oklahoma and I can't get a clear answer

In Colorado, if you have a current license plate you do not need an ATV sticker. The sticker is for vehicles that can’t be licensed to legally operate on public, county and state roads. There are some “ATV only” trails that we cant use with our flatfenders, but they are limited to vehicles less than 54” in width, with posts at the entrance to the trail that are too close together for us to get through. The ironic thing is, lots of newer ATV’s are too wide too. 

Welcome to Colorful Colorado. What part?
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2022 at 2:02pm
The permit in Oregon is all about collecting the fees and applies to everything from dirt bikes to full size pickup trucks that go on to certain areas of public land to Recreation from sand dunes to Dedicated Jeep trails even snowmobile trails
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2022 at 2:08pm
“…. is all about collecting the fees….”

You said a mouthful there, Mark. Thats all it’s about everywhere. It’s just another tax we have to pay in order to enjoy what rightfully belongs to us in the first place. 
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2022 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Bruce W Bruce W wrote:

“…. is all about collecting the fees….”

You said a mouthful there, Mark. Thats all it’s about everywhere. It’s just another tax we have to pay in order to enjoy what rightfully belongs to us in the first place. 
BW 

I'm going to have to put my $.02 in here on this topic.

Yes, Oregon collects a whopping $10 for a two year ORV tag, but they are dedicated funds to be used for trail maintenance, trail system creation, fund grants for the clubs to do projects (like build bridges over streams), etc. They have used these funds to build some fairly nice restrooms where they were sorely needed and make improvements to existing ORV staging areas. 

I don't view this as a gubmint money grab even though I maintain stickers on a fleet of motorcycles (and a jeep or two).
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2022 at 7:02pm
Bruce, I could not have said it better.

Otto, I came here from Oregon & that state does do it right. I have experienced similar things like the restrooms you mention. If all states did it that way, there would be a lot less push back from the constituents.

IMO, Colorado is not one of those states, they are after the fees. Please do not get me going on what all Denver does to oops, "for" us folks in the outlaying communities.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2022 at 7:26pm
TMRoper, Welcome to Colorado!

If you let us know where in this fine state you reside, maybe some of us could get together with you for coffee or tea or maybe some "adult" beverages. We might also be of assistance when you are trying to do a two man job by yourself. I do a lot of those but I kinda enjoy the challenge. If your are very private, like my wife, that is just fine as well. Your choice.

As far as "messing up this thread" no, you are not. In this case, you got your question answered by a man who knows his stuff. Thus, you win! Heck, we all win.

IMHO, that is what these nonspecific threads are for. We sometimes get fairly far afield & that is just fine. If it goes too far we are not bashful about saying something about it. Just do not take any offense if someone does say something. We have argued about going too far afield before.

Again, welcome home, Matt W.
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2022 at 8:49pm
I never said the State did not do stuff with the money that benifits the permit holders. Of course I would be skeptical the money is all used for the good of the public. Like the Salmon License Plates that the money was to go to Salmon restoration when in fact not a cent of the extra $30 a plate people paid goes to what the state said.

So I'm a little bit jaded after having lived in Oregon my WHOLE life and seen how well they use our money.

And I'll say sorry for letting this get off topic.

Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
TMRoper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMRoper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2022 at 7:41am
Thanks cpt logger and Bruce for the welcome! We are currently staying in Woodland Park in our cabin at my folks ranch. We close on our new place in the Monument/Black forest area. I look forward to meeting all of the names I see on here every morning. It would be great to visit (I get the eye roll from my family when I talk jeeps). I'm enrolled in this years fct but I think I am too far down the list. Again thanks for the welcome back to the motherland!

Edited by TMRoper - 24 June 2022 at 7:42am
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2022 at 10:43am
I oven cleaned and power washed the xfer case, tranny case and bellhousing for 23281 today had some serious 70 year old grime on it.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
BAD ROD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAD ROD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2022 at 8:42pm
@BD1 Is this your hardtop?

Edited by BAD ROD - 24 June 2022 at 8:44pm
WellFedHobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WellFedHobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2022 at 11:21pm
I dropped the engine... on the garage floor. 

I think its ok. The skid plate under the pulley was already dented anyways. 
Brad
1948 CJ2A #158011 "Sunk Cost Fallacy"
1945 T3-C #1431
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>