Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WTB, working T90 floor shift transmission

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uglyjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB, working T90 floor shift transmission
    Posted: 20 June 2022 at 2:19pm
Hi,

We currently have a column shift set up in a CJ2A Jeep that is not supposed to be equipped with one. We are looking for a working floor shift T90 out of a CJ or M38 to swap in its place. We will likely sell the column shift set up once we have the parts we need.

We are in Wisconsin.

Thanks,
Daniel
Michaeltru View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michaeltru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 3:41pm
What year jeep?  Serial number?
Mike in AZ
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Michaeltru Michaeltru wrote:

What year jeep?  Serial number?

x2... seems like an odd swap "in" when everybody else was swapping them "out"
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
uglyjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uglyjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 11:47pm
 Hello,

This Jeep is titled an early'46 cj2a with the drivetrain parts, hood, grill, fenders, windshield, etc all from that year. However, the frame appears to be a cj3a frame. The body tub is a vintage aftermarket tub that has a lot of features of an M38 with the large removable sections of floor in the transmission tunnel area. So this Jeep is an odd collection of parts.

Since this Jeep will never be a mostly correct & original, we are thinking a simpler floor shift model will help simplify the drivetrain and add some reliability, since it belongs to my son who just started driving. Also, the jeep has a ramsey PTO winch that has a driveshaft that runs right through the area shared by the column shift rods, so a floor shift will also help with that issue.

We figure the column shift would be more valuable to someone restoring a more original early 2a, and my son can use any funds from the sale of the column shift parts to maybe get the Jeep back on the road.

Thanks again,
Daniel

Michaeltru View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michaeltru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2022 at 11:52pm
Cool. Thanks for answering. You and your son have fun. Mike
Mike in AZ
Fvalov View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fvalov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2022 at 3:51am
If the column is going to be for sale, can you shoot me some pictures of your steering column and shifter? I'm looking for a correct 2A assembly to put in to my 45. Thank you for your time,

Fred
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2022 at 9:41pm
I have a working t90 I plan to sell.  I removed it from a running/driving jeep when I did a 4 speed swap. I’m in Pennsylvania though. 
 Post Reply Post Reply