Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Forum How To's
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

posting pictures, images, photos from iPhone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: posting pictures, images, photos from iPhone
    Posted: 03 July 2022 at 10:56am
here is a step-by-step for posting pictures, images, photos from a modern iPhone. this should work with any iPhone running a fairly recent operating system update. you MUST be patient and wait for full loading between steps!

(note: i did this entire post with the iPhone) if you notice anything i missed or needs clarification please PM me or post here and i will fix.

step 1: determine where you want to place the photo. i suggest you hit return key twice so you isolate the image from the text. if you do not, you create troublesome text line breaks that do not always read well. 

double returns here, then start photo insertion process

step 2: select little tree icon/button. 

step 3 scroll to left:

step 4 hit choose file button:

step 5 select source:

step 6 choose your photo:

step 7 select reduced image size. for images not needing precise detail choose medium to reduce loading time for users.

step 8 check image size:

step 9 ensure tiny image appears to immediately right of choose file button. remember to be patient. then hit upload button. 

step 10 make sure you now see image as opposed to text in box on right. did i mention to be patient?

step 11 scroll to right so you can see the ok button. 

result:

Edited by bight - 03 July 2022 at 2:27pm
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 11:28am
Thanks for posting this, I've always struggled with posting from the iphone. 

When you say a "modern iphone", is a 6S "modern"? Embarrassed
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 1:23pm
it "should" work the same with a 6s LOL

but to answer question, no. 

there are all kinds of gripes about apple and advancing tech leaving older equipment obsolete. bla, bla, bla. 

the fact is, as systems evolve and make the incredible speed increases we have seen over 30 years, one will have to face the fact that old hardware does not often support new, improved system software.

i cannot expect my original mac from mid 80's to do what a new machine can. 

but it is, to me at least, amazing how long some devices continue to render reasonable service. and that 6s was a great phone.

i just "retired" an iPhone X to my wife who does not need much as far as new tech is concerned. it still works great even though the back is shattered, etc. i got the iPhone 13 primarily because it has an absolutely amazing camera. and i have 30+ years of photography experience. 
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
 Post Reply Post Reply