Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oooops

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oooops
    Posted: 03 July 2022 at 11:06pm
So tomorrow one of my grand daughters is going with me to a car show about 45 miles away. I needed to top off the tank in CHUG just to make sure (I got my jeep can but still) being we are leaving early on the 4th of July I had more then enough fuel for the trip.

I run down to one of the three local stations and fill it up (the guys there are intimidated by vehicles like CHUG so they let me hold the hose (Oregon is a no self service state). I get it filled up and head back on to the road which requires a bit of a sharp left turn. As there is a little traffic coming I give it a little gas and I notice it both chirps and does a funny wiggle. I figure I rolled up on a piece of gravel as right where I was at comes out of a pot hole gravel lot. I scoot along towards home and at the next sharp left it does the same kind of thing.

WHATS GOING ON???

I look down and see my rear locker arming switch is lit up and sure enough the control switch on my shifter is pulled on!!!!

OH yea I locked the rear axle to help jump over the edge of the carport/garage and a 2x4 that makes the bottom of the door jam.

SO don't drive around town with the Locker locked LOL. Glad I never went over 25mph.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
ACRay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACRay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 12:39pm
I think we've all been there hahahaha

I made this after doing accidental donuts in my 442 wheel HP LS swapped TJ on 37s. Middle of one of those 15 lane red light intersections too... oops for real

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Mark W. Mark W. wrote:

(Oregon is a no self service state)

I thought that got changed recently.  Perhaps it was another state?  Maybe I'm thinking of New Jersey...
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 11:03pm
Sounds like there is a good reason for it? 
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
dasvis View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2022 at 1:22am
Originally posted by Oldpappy Oldpappy wrote:

Sounds like there is a good reason for it? 

Hell no
1947 CJ2A #88659 "Rat Patrol"
1953 CJ3A #453-GB1 11266 "Black Beauty"
1964 Thunderbird convertible
..... & one of them moves under it's own power!!
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2022 at 9:48am
During the covid stupidity in some areas of the state the no self serve was suspended.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
ACRay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACRay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2022 at 7:01pm
I vividly remember back around 99 getting screamed at by some old dude in Jersey cause my Mississippi butt had no clue you couldn't pump your own gas.
 Post Reply Post Reply