Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

more on tire size

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: more on tire size
    Posted: 04 July 2022 at 3:19pm
i am contemplating getting 15 inch rims and putting 7.0x15 STA Super Traxions on my '47.

to get an idea of performance variation, i removed the 31x15 in. Super Swampers and put on my set of 6.0x16 NDT's from my '46.

the road performance improved greatly as expected. with the 31's it could barely do the hills where i live in 2nd gear. no problem now. i knew there would be a difference, but not as much as it seems. and with power steering, well it really maneuvers fantastically vs. my '46 with manual steer. 

i am having overheating issues and the lower tire load helped a little, but that is another topic.

anyhow, most of you know this stuff.

other concerns are appearance of smaller diameter tires and filling the "space". i do think these look a bit small but not nearly as bad as i thought. this jeep has about 2 inches of lift.

i have seen lots of questions on the forum regarding tire/wheel sizes and how things look.

please do not kill the messenger! LOL no, sunset red wheels do not go with pasture green body. read above. but funny, i thought it would look terrible and be embarrassed driving about with this "flagrant jeep police violation", but it is ok. i know, to each his own... just rest assured, if i decide to do this, the wheels will be autumn yellow.

but for those of you who ever wondered what the combo looks like, well here's your chance.

CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 3:54pm
I for one, thinks that looks terrific as it sits! 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 6:03pm
I like it as well. Just in time for Christmas!
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 7:09pm
Looks good to me too,  I would run it. 
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 8:58pm
  Looks like an Oliver, instead of a John Deere. 😆
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 9:07pm
Speaking of Jeep police violations, where are the pinstripes on those wheels?  Wink
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
 Post Reply Post Reply