Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good crankshaft needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agas46cj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good crankshaft needed
    Posted: 17 Aug. 2022 at 8:41pm
My crank is cracked and I am in need of a replacement. Looking for a good one without cracks. My block is salvageable but the crank needs replaced. 
Agas46cj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agas46cj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2022 at 1:07pm
Still looking. Doesn’t need to be machined, just not cracked is all I’m hoping for. I know they’re expensive to ship but I’m not willing to give 500-700+ Shipping for one from a realtor 
jeepgod2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepgod2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2022 at 1:56pm
Agas,
I have a crank that should work for you. I got it in a parts deal a couple of weeks ago.  $150 plus the shipping. If your interested I’ll get the calipers out and send you pictures. No clue shipping costs on something this heavy. What’s your zip?
Thanks,
Rod
dasvis View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2022 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by jeepgod2000 jeepgod2000 wrote:

Agas,
I have a crank that should work for you. I got it in a parts deal a couple of weeks ago.  $150 plus the shipping. If your interested I’ll get the calipers out and send you pictures. No clue shipping costs on something this heavy. What’s your zip?
Thanks,
Rod

$150 is a great deal if it's a good core, even better if it's usable as is.
1947 CJ2A #88659 "Rat Patrol"
1953 CJ3A #453-GB1 11266 "Black Beauty"
1964 Thunderbird convertible
..... & one of them moves under it's own power!!
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2022 at 4:23am
His zip code is his location on his letter head. It is on every post he makes & is 17569.
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2022 at 5:09pm
I sent him one this morning, hope it works for him. 

Shipping was not cheap from TN to PA, but I suppose they are getting harder to find and are worth more than I thought. 

If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
dasvis View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2022 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Oldpappy Oldpappy wrote:

I sent him one this morning, hope it works for him. 

Shipping was not cheap from TN to PA, but I suppose they are getting harder to find and are worth more than I thought. 

That they are, at least in my area. When i did my L134 last year, I used a guy I knew from back in my auto parts days. I BS'd with him for a while & he said that it was pretty rare to see good grindable Jeep L & F head cranks. I was lucky, Mine cleaned up @ 20/20 with a std thrust... he said the week before a dude came in with several jeep 4 cranks & NONE were usable..
1947 CJ2A #88659 "Rat Patrol"
1953 CJ3A #453-GB1 11266 "Black Beauty"
1964 Thunderbird convertible
..... & one of them moves under it's own power!!
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct. 2022 at 9:26pm
I hope the one I sent him is usable, he paid a good amount for the shipping. 
Agas46cj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agas46cj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2022 at 5:42am
It’s sitting at the machine shop now. Still waiting for a call, keeping my fingers crossed. 
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2022 at 8:36pm
Don't worry about me, I haven't been in a hurry in over 30 years. I think there is enough meat left on the bone to turn it, hope so. 

I was in the barn yesterday and looked at the block of the engine it came out of. It has a plate riveted on the side of the block which I previously thought was a rebuilder's plate, but with some light on it I saw it was a Kaiser "Super Sonic", which doesn't matter, but it ought to be right at home in your engine if it turns out good.

Was my packaging acceptable? 

Edited by Oldpappy - 07 Oct. 2022 at 8:39pm
Agas46cj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agas46cj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2022 at 8:57pm
The package held up well despite their best efforts to test it. I was very impressed with it. Thanks for the care in packing. Supersonic, it will definitely be right at home, I’m really hoping it’s good. When the previous crank was bad, as well as the cracks in the block they called pretty quick. They’ve got the valves done now on my block, waiting for sleeves and crank news. 

Edited by Agas46cj - 07 Oct. 2022 at 9:00pm
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2022 at 11:16pm
I have seen videos of how those guys handle "packages", so I crated it with that in mind.

Post Reply Post Reply