Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most common to least common Jeep colors?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2022 at 9:25pm
This is getting a little off-topic from paint colors,  but some very interesting stuff.  From the link that Steelyard shared:

Wilson's serial tag is 65990,   the tub and tailgate are 56021,  only 31 away from the 10,000 rule! . .  so most likely were the original tub and tailgate.    I always assumed someone attached a borrowed serial tag to this tub, and registered it that way.   Cool,   Wilson may be "numbers matching".  haha   (at least on body etc,   . . .   the drivetrain/engine is not even close)
gerrym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gerrym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep. 2022 at 8:08pm
I like your canvas top. Where did you get the frame and canvas? I would like to put one on my Willys. 
Hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2022 at 7:32am
All, 
I am really wondering that mine isn't Clear Maple, a 1948 color used on the Station Wagon.  
It is not Michigan Yellow.. and is the original paint.

So, does anyone know if Willy's tried any "sample" runs on the CJ's, using its stock of paint intended for other bodies?

Thanks!
Kevin
Raleigh, NC
1948 CJ2A
Jefwhlr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jefwhlr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct. 2022 at 1:06pm
Mine's olive drab - original with an overpaint in olive drab sometime before I bought it. 1946 CJ2A, serial number 35,+++
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123