Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

incorrect video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: incorrect video
    Posted: 26 Sep. 2022 at 9:43am
I used a video for choke and throttle install which shows the cables passing thru two different firewall holes. Now I see Sean has a fire wall pic where both go thru the same hole and I believe the oil line to pressure gauge is suppose to use the second hole. Now my throttle cable is too short! The video is called "How to install hand choke and throttle cable /1947 cj2a". The other title s "Lets build a willys jeep". Be careful what you watch! Trust this forum. Wish I knew how to get this corrected/removed so others will get misled.Ouch
Life is short. Buy a jeep
WellFedHobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WellFedHobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2022 at 9:54am
Make sure you leave a comment on the video if they are giving out incorrect information
Brad
1948 CJ2A #158011 "Sunk Cost Fallacy"
1945 T3-C #1431
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2022 at 10:36am
The internet is a wonderful source of information, and some of it is correct.

Anyone who wants to can post a video of how they did something. Mostly folks are trying to help others by doing this, but it is always good to view these videos as simply how someone did it, which worked for them, but not always the best way to do whatever it is. 
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
Ron D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2022 at 11:42am
Really?
You can't believe everything you see on the interweb?
Say it ain't so!
1951 M38
1951 M100
oldscot3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldscot3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2022 at 3:21pm
I watch a lot of them just because I like to see the jeeps. I watched one the other night where a pretty well-known muscle car restoration shop was hired to swap an electronic distributor into a `47. When he pulled the original out, the rotor was clocked at 5. Poor guy nearly lost his mind trying to get the new one in at that clock position, mumbling about how crazy it was it wouldn't cooperate. He finally gave up and moved the plug wires, as well as twisting the dizzy around. LOL 

I read a bunch of comments; you could tell who the early jeep owners were!
James 4:6 God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.
 Post Reply Post Reply