Forum Home Forum Home > The CJ2A Parts Project > Parts List > Electrical Group
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Directional signal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48Maine2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Directional signal
    Posted: 01 Oct. 2022 at 11:40am
I need to install a new seven wire directional signal that was given to me in a box with the Jeep. A lot of wiring diagrams on this but I have different colors that are not shown my colors are orange,  light blue,  green,  yellow black,  purple,  and  red.
All I really need to know is which League goes to the Flasher and which four leads go to right and left blinkers and maybe the lead that lights up the directional signal control light. I took the whole directional switch apart to try to find a manufacturer for a schematic but this has no name at all this type of directional switch. I probably would benefit by just buying a new one instead of trying to wire this piece of junk. But if anybody has a schematic with these colors I would use this switch.

Ron D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2022 at 2:46pm
Are there any markings or name on the switch?
Posting a photo might help identify it.

Signal Stat switch schematics (both 4 and 7 wire types) are easy to find.

With patience, an ohm-meter, and the schematic diagram you can probably translate your wire colors to the correct locations.

Good luck!

Edited by Ron D - 01 Oct. 2022 at 2:50pm
1951 M38
1951 M100
48Maine2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48Maine2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2022 at 4:30pm
Thanks. I tried "ringing it out " but what gave a signal didn't make sense. 
48Maine2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48Maine2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2022 at 4:36pm
Thanks for the help Ron one of those schematics towards the bottom could be my closest matchup to what I have. I took the whole switch apart there's no name whatsoever on this so it's probably a cheapo type of signal switch that was given to me from the seller who never installed it.
Ron D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2022 at 5:27pm
Is the housing made of plastic or metal?
A photo would still help identify it.

I've seen some fake chrome-plated plastic ones made in china (junk) that seem designed to mimick the Signal Stat 900 wiring.

On fleabay I often see vintage 7-wire 900 or 4-wire 902's (take-off's used) for fair prices in good shape.
Whether you go with 7 wire or 4 wire has a lot to do with your existing lights (single or dual filament and quantity) and how you want them to work.

I like the 4-wire myself.

Good luck!

Edited by Ron D - 01 Oct. 2022 at 6:37pm
1951 M38
1951 M100
48Maine2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48Maine2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2022 at 8:29pm
Thanks Ron it's metal housing but absolutely no identification on it. I'm leaning towards the four wire myself thanks again for your help.
48Maine2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48Maine2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2022 at 8:31pm
I would also post a picture if I could but I'm not too Keen with this phone stuff, I'm still stuck in the 70s.
 Post Reply Post Reply