Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7.5 NDT vs 6.5 SuperTraxion - comparison

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov. 2022 at 2:58pm
Today I went over to land to get some firewood,   since I was close to the "Rock" trail it was easy to give that another try.   I put more detail a couple posts back,   but basically the NDTs again cleared an obstacle that STs and KM2s could not.    Still somewhat in disbelief there is that much difference.
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2023 at 4:24pm
A few months later,  I finally got a chance to do the MUD test today.

Again,  the NDTs seemed to do better.   

Details here ->  Mud Test - Jan 26

Edited by JeepFever - 12 Feb. 2023 at 10:47am
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2023 at 12:00pm
After doing the above mud test,  I almost forgot to check my lug nuts with torque wrench after I got home.  A couple of the nuts took full turn to tighten.   Glad I remembered!

I thought it might be a good idea to bring up a reminder.    I am somewhat a poster boy for what can happen if you get careless with checking lug-nut torque.  Embarrassed 

Link -> The day my driver real wheel passed me on the road

Edited by JeepFever - 12 Feb. 2023 at 12:04pm
jhg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2023 at 4:10pm
I have the 6.50 STA's. Prior were 6.00 NDT's.  The ndt is the cleanest running tire in mud I have personally used. Maybe that is part of why you are seeing better performance over the STA's. 
But I do like the STA's on my jeep now. I got discouraged finding an ndt that was 6.50 and affordable. The STA's were cheaper and easy to find in the size I wanted.

1948 cj2a. Rebuilt L-head, steering, T90, WO 636, steering, brake lines. So far.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123