Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Selectro 4WD Locking Hub

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov. 2022 at 11:59pm
Let's not get into rigs we used to have and regret selling. I have a long list of those.

I had a pair of the "Sears" branded Selectro hubs on a jeep I had 30 plus years ago. I liked them better than the Warns I have now because, as already stated, they are easier to engage with gloves on.

If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
Hammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov. 2022 at 7:53am
Thanks for the input on locking hubs.  I'm inclined to not worry about it just yet, though may opt for original equipment, removing the hubs altogether at some point in my rebuild.  I'm going to be a 20 mile guy at best if on hard surface, and if I can find some NC trail-rides, they'd be 100 miles away anyway, so would trailer to the location.  All good.  

...and yep, I've owned a 68 Z28 w 327; 66 Mustang w 289; 67 C-25 with big block V6 305; 90 Trooper with 2.6L (loved that rig) and lots of other less memorable.
Kevin
Raleigh, NC
1948 CJ2A
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12