Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CFFC Fall Color Tours 2023 - Event Date: 17 Sep. 2023 - 23 Sep. 2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 24>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2023 at 8:38pm
Curious on your take on the Canadian fires. Here in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia we are on the edge of Washington DC's weather pattern. Smoke was fairly heavy today. We have a small mountain chain that gives us a small uplift but it is still very noticeable. 
Beach Bum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beach Bum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2023 at 12:52pm
We were lucky enough to get the opportunity to attend this years event. We do however have quite a lot of work to do between now and September and I would like to try and get my wife motivated. I know that there have been some great video’s done in the past (at least one using a drone) that I would like to show her. Would some of y’all post some links for me? I would appreciate it, thanks!
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2023 at 6:50am
3A Steve, Canada is having a record year with fires.  A dry spring was a major reason.  They currently have over 400 wildfires burning.  They put out a call to ask for Federal Agency Wildland Firefighters with a passport to go north to help.  I have a passport, but I'm no longer a Federal Agency employee, so I'm not going.  Yet.  We'll see if they open up their request for help.  Some of these fires will burn out in the next month.  Some will burn all summer long.  Plan on seeing smoke much of the summer, depending on the wind patterns.  

Beach Bum, just go to Youtube and do a search for Fall Color Tour.  You'll find lots of videos from past years there.  You can also just go through the posts from past years and use the links that you find in the posts to take you to some private photo and video collections.  Hope to see you both in September.

And for all the Alternates out there, no changes to the Primary list this past week.  

Edited by m38mike - 14 June 2023 at 6:52am
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Beach Bum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beach Bum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2023 at 1:58pm
If anybody has a good T98 4 Speed that they will sell and can bring with them to the TDR I would be a buyer. At least in my part of the country (Western Washington) they have become hard to come by.
54willysjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 54willysjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2023 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Beach Bum Beach Bum wrote:

If anybody has a good T98 4 Speed that they will sell and can bring with them to the TDR I would be a buyer. At least in my part of the country (Western Washington) they have become hard to come by.

I think I may know where one is. I'm talking to him now on the phone. He may have one. 
54 Willys CJ3B (Rikki-Bobby's Jeep)
42 GPW14359 Cal "Shake n' Bake's Jeep" Dallas TX plant. Missing everything when I got it.
SlickWilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlickWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2023 at 8:42am
You can check out the Gone-Gpn channel on YouTube, there is a playlist just for FCT, daily videos from 2020 and a few others.

Originally posted by Beach Bum Beach Bum wrote:

We were lucky enough to get the opportunity to attend this years event. We do however have quite a lot of work to do between now and September and I would like to try and get my wife motivated. I know that there have been some great video’s done in the past (at least one using a drone) that I would like to show her. Would some of y’all post some links for me? I would appreciate it, thanks!
Traci and TaterJeep
Owner of Gone-Gpn Media
Freelance
Writer/Photographer
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2023 at 4:09am
Here's the Wednesday version of the Sunday FCT report, since I'm either half a week late, or half a week early.  So I've had no changes in the Primary list for weeks now.  The status quo is quoted as the status. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
madbrit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madbrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2023 at 11:58am
Boy oh Boy this thread is far too quiet this year. I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays, staying safe and working on their Flatties.

45 MB
56 Willys Fruit Salad
64 Kaiser CJ3B

My Videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/madbritwillys56/videos
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2023 at 2:13pm
Could Mike have been called off to fight Canadian Forest Fires?

Fltfndr
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2023 at 5:02pm
[QUOTE=m38mike]3A Steve, They put out a call to ask for Federal Agency Wildland Firefighters with a passport to go north to help.  I have a passport, but I'm no longer a Federal Agency employee, so I'm not going.  Yet.  We'll see if they open up their request for help.

I'm sure Mike will "do the right thing". As long as he gets back in time for the FCT. Don't know about the rest of you but the smoke is getting a bit aggravating around these parts.
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2023 at 8:07am
Gentlemen, I did not leave for Canada - yet.  No, we've got 4 significant fires burning here in Colorado.  I helped a friend I've worked fires with in the past get a camp set up near Trinidad, CO for a fire there.  I'm home now getting ready  for a Jeeping trip to South Dakota with a few friends.  I'm holding August open on my calendar for going on fires.  As dry as we are now, I expect Colorado will be burning a bunch of fires by then.  

But the big question I want to ask everyone today is this:  Have you done a 100 mile drive with your Jeep yet?  If not, why not?  Have I made my 100 mile drive yet?  No.  I've been fighting two problems.  A weak battery, which I just replaced.  And an oxygen sensor that's been giving me some bad readings, thus affecting my EFI computer.  I'm going to replace that sensor today to see if that helps the engine run better.  The engine is running, just not as well as it should.  

This work, and taking care of projects around the house, have also kept me from making as much progress on Sam's Jeep as I wanted to get done.  My goal is to have it running in time for FCT this year.  I'm close, but there are still a dozen or more things to get done.  Not the least of which is to get some paint that matches the unique color of that Jeep.  I still have some prep work to do before I can do the touch up painting on it.  Unfortunately nobody within 2 hours drive time mixes custom auto paint.  So I've got to go to Colorado Springs to get the custom color mixed for that Jeep.  5 hour round trip for a gallon of paint.  I won't get that done until later this month, and that means I can't finish putting a few things together until after I get the replacement floor painted.  

I look forward to the day when all my Jeep projects are complete, maintenance is done, the fleet is running well, and I have nothing to do.  Maybe that'll happen when I'm 90 and can't see so well, then I can't see what still needs to be done.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
dasvis View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2023 at 11:20am
“Jeep projects complete”
That’s a good one
1947 CJ2A #88659 "Rat Patrol"
1953 CJ3A #453-GB1 11266 "Black Beauty"
1964 Thunderbird convertible
..... & one of them moves under it's own power!!
muley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2023 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by dasvis dasvis wrote:

“Jeep projects complete”
That’s a good one

He does get off a good'un now and then huh??
Joined Jan-8 2015
I never met a mule I didn't like!
OD Mule 01-52 M38
Big Red 19fiddy CJ3A salad
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2023 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by muley muley wrote:

Originally posted by dasvis dasvis wrote:

“Jeep projects complete”
That’s a good one

He does get off a good'un now and then huh??

The man does live in Colorado ya’know Muley ☝️😂

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2023 at 2:12pm
C'mon guys, a fella can dream can't he?  

The Lottery numbers must have reached out and picked the healthiest owners, and best maintained Jeeps in the whole list of registrations this year.  I have not had any cancellations for over a month.  That's unusual.  Those Primaries are hanging in there.  But we still have 2 months left before FCT, and if history repeats itself, we'll have at least a few folks drop out in August.  I hope you Alternates can hang in there.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2023 at 9:06pm
Mike, are you looking for new trails? Going to do Chinaman Gulch again? When do you plan to post a tentative trail list for the week?
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2023 at 6:01pm
Yes we are looking at one or two new trails. We are also discussing some of our existing routes and ways to do them differently. I am hopeful to have a schedule put together within the next couple of weeks.

And on the participation front this week has brought me one cancellation from a primary and a replacement by an alternate. I also got an email from another primary about a potential cancellation and I hope I convinced him that a one or two day delay in arrival was not worth canceling. So there has been some movement on the primary and alternate lists.
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2023 at 8:44am
Good Sunday morning.  My next 5 Alternates are, in order: Komlenic, Carlson, Patrick, Rodgers J., and Bruns.  Stay ready.  You never know when I might call you to fill a slot.  

I discovered that I may have an air leak in my fuel injection system on the Blue Mule.  It would run fine, then it would surge at a higher rpm.  Then back down and then surge again.  I think the Mule had it in for me because it always seemed to surge just when I was about to go through a large puddle or a stretch of rough rocks in the trail.  I'm going to take the throttle-body injectors off, and remove the adapter plate. I'll clean up the top of the intake manifold.  Put a new gasket between manifold and adapter plate. And add a new gasket between the adapter and the injectors.  I hope that will do it.  All the hoses connected to the injectors look like they're in good condition, no cuts or cracks. 

M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 24>