Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tubeless works

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tubeless works
    Posted: 27 May 2023 at 5:47pm

Its been a little over a year since I mounted new tires on my jeep (6.50 Super Traxions) without tubes.

I run them around 15psi, which is not as low as the serious wheelers run theirs, but it is soft enough the tire absorbs rocks and whatever up to about between the size of golf and tennis balls.

Anyway, just a thread dedicated to running tubeless. Lots of us are doing it and the experiences are spread around inside all sorts of different threads.

I did take the time to dress the wheel rims carefully. Mine had various cuts and dents of minor importance but you might as well set up going tubeless for success. I intended to run Stan's corn starch alixir but never got around to it.

You can see various permanent damage on the wheel rims in this photo. But with some easing of the sharp edges and high spots the bead seal has been good so far.

Edited by jhg - 27 May 2023 at 5:56pm
1948 cj2a. Rebuilt L-head, steering, T90, WO 636, steering, brake lines. So far.
 Post Reply Post Reply