Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I gave out wrong info on Monroe lift parts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I gave out wrong info on Monroe lift parts
    Posted: 04 June 2023 at 1:27pm
At the Spring Willys Reunion, a gentleman asked me to take a look at some Monroe lift components, including a top link.  I now know I gave him incorrect information, and I'm hoping he will read this.  I don't have a name or any contact information.

All of the early Monroe lift top links (the top bar on a 3pt hitch) I have seen have a distinctive toothed "adjustment plate" on each side of the bar.  The toplink we looked at did not have these plates, and I said it might be a link from a Ford 9N.

I was looking at a very early Monroe lift ad this past weekend while at the Willys Rally.  The top link DID NOT have the adjustment plates.  My assumption that all early top links had adjustment plates was incorrect.  I hate it when I give out information without having all the facts.

Clint Dixon and I are working on determining the purpose and use of the "adjustment rack."  We need also to determine when they were added and when they stopped being standard equipment. 

Thanks,
Barry

https://www.farmjeep.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply