Forum Home Forum Home > The CJ2A Parts Project > Parts List > Frame
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Frame change from 2A to 3A style?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2021 at 9:04am
Bit late on this thread but mine is 221047 and it’s a later frame
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2021 at 9:27am
I have had two 48 CJ2As which were built on the 3A style frames. I assume both were late 48 production. Both of these Jeeps had the later style steering box and cross member.

The only difference I found between these frames and the ones used for the 3A / M38 is the engine stands are not offset as they are on the ones used for the later engine plate.

If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2021 at 1:37pm
Oldpappy,
I agree that the difference between the late 2A frame and the 3A frame is the offset motor mounts, but to keep things clear...

There are some distinct differences between the 3A frame and the M38 frame.  Your response appears to suggest that they are the same.
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123