Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cover above rear tail light

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Jennings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cover above rear tail light
    Posted: 26 July 2005 at 1:24pm

Can anyone tell me when Willys stopped using the plug cover above the rear tail light? I recently saw a 1948 (at least that`s what the owner claims) on ebay and it had the cover. I was just curious if my 47 should have one. The former owner did a lot of work on the body and replaced quite a few panels. Thanks in advance. Mark.         1947 CJ-2A, 94871.

Ken View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 2:19am
47 should have the cover. Not sure when they quit but definitely were there thru fall of 48.
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 7:46am
My 48 CJ2A has it.
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
mark jennings View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark jennings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 11:20am
Thank you Ken and 48cj2a for the information. Does anyone have an extra plate or at least a drawing of one so I could make one. I would also need the proper location. Thanks again. Mark.
Doug View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 12:19am
The  round plate is 4" in diameter with four equally spaced screws for attaching it to the tub. The hole centers are 1/4" in from the edge to center.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
shouting "...holy cow, what a ride!"
mark jennings View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark jennings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 7:48am
Thanks Doug, I know of a 2-A roting in a field not far from my house. (the owner just will not sell). Even thought the cover was not in the best of shape I was able to get the correct dimensions and proper location. Having one made now. Mark.
Ritt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 11:22am
They should be available at Walck's or Beachwood Canvas
Rit

1948 2A,

"RAISIN COOKIES THAT LOOK LIKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES ARE THE MAIN REASON I HAVE TRUST ISSUES"
Scrappy CJ2A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrappy CJ2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug. 2005 at 7:41pm
My 1949 CJ2A has one
Ol' Scrappy, 1949 CJ2A L134/T90 Originally Luzon Red... and... uh... real scrappy... still got alotta fight in him.
uglyjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uglyjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug. 2005 at 11:24am

My '46 has a reverse light installed there.  I am assuming it is aftermarket, but it looks like a classy old light of an older jeep.  The PO installed it in the original cover, it's fits beautifully and the best part about it is that there are no unwanted extra holes in the body.  If anyone wants a pic, email me.

Daniel

jeepology@wi.rr.com

Post Reply Post Reply