Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Clubs for jeeps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

North Texas Flat Fender Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Txjake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: North Texas Flat Fender Club
    Posted: 17 Feb. 2006 at 11:24am
Is there one around? If not, anyone interested in starting one?
Shoot low boys, they're riding Shetland ponies!
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2006 at 1:50am

North Texas? Heck, you could drive up to Denver, It's not much further than I'm driving!.  BW

PS  Happiness IS Lubbock Texas in your rearview mirror-- as long as you're headed North!!

Just Funnin' ya! Hav a gud'un!  BW

It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar. 2006 at 10:06pm
Mineral Wells? I'm just east of Austin, Maybe we could start something in between. MG. 
equin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote equin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar. 2006 at 7:43pm

I'm in Lancaster, just south of Dallas.  Let me know if y'all start some sort of flatfender club.

Oh, and by the way, I've been fourwheeling at the trails in Mineral Wells by the industrial park south of Ft. Wolters a couple months back.  Wish I could've taken the CJ2A at the time.

Ed Q.
North Texas
47 CJ2A
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar. 2006 at 9:25pm
Looks like I'll be out of the loop for a while, I've decided to tear the '48 down to the bones and start from there. If I can stay on task and put off some of the honey doo's.... I should have it in little pieces soon  MG.
equin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote equin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar. 2006 at 12:38am

Originally posted by usmcpmi usmcpmi wrote:

Looks like I'll be out of the loop for a while, I've decided to tear the '48 down to the bones and start from there. If I can stay on task and put off some of the honey doo's.... I should have it in little pieces soon  MG.

Well, if you were closer, it would be a good excuse for several wrench-a-thon parties to help you get it done sooner.  You going to do any progress pictorials for us?

Ed Q.
North Texas
47 CJ2A
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar. 2006 at 9:17pm
equin,  Hey thanks for the offer, It's not really that I need any help per-se... I just keep getting side tracked. I had planned to get the wheels back on so I could roll it outside to pull the tub, But a "friend" had borrowed my rototiller and broke it. Spent the rest of the weekend pulling it apart only to find the drive chain broken and no parts 'till Monday. maybe after I get the body back from the sandblast yard..... lots of cutting and welding for sure. I'll take some pics before I pull the tub, so you can see the dead come back to life  Talk to you soon. MG.
Rubi Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubi Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2006 at 7:49pm

Hey Ed and all.  I just found this site today.  Something about finally getting the '47 at the house that makes me want to start planning a little on what to do.

Ed and myself belong to the Dallas Fort Worth Chapter of Texas 4 Wheel Drive - www.dfw-tx4wd.org.  This is not a Jeep only club, but a club where family, friends and wheeling come together.  There are members that drive every kind of rig that is available.  Of course, I am a Jeep man.

Remember - Just Empty Every Pocket.

Billy Thomas

CJ2A - maybe soon
'78 CJ5 - project
'48 Willys Pickup - project
equin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote equin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar. 2006 at 11:14pm

Great to see ya on here, Billy!  The guys on here know alot about our little CJ2As and are always very willing to help out.  If you get a chance, post a pic or two of your gem of a CJ2A.

And yeah, dfw-tx4wd.org rocks!  For any other TX folks, the dfw-tx4wd.org club participates in an orphan's charity event once a year at the Ft. Worth Angler's Club, and last year I took my 47 CJ2A for the kiddos to ride in.  Needless to say, they loved it.

Ed Q.
North Texas
47 CJ2A
GhostXJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GhostXJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2006 at 9:38am
I am here from Frisco, Tx. I just bought mine yesterday and am so wanting to get it going and driving. Have any of you found any place local (ish) to get part from?
1953 M38A1
equin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote equin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2006 at 6:55pm
Sorry for not responding sooner, Ghost.  Guess I should check the forum more often.  Anyway, the only place I know of that's local is Collins Bros Jeeps.  I believe they're in Wylie.  Sometimes they have parts and sometimes they don't.  As far as junkyards go, I've called around, and as soon as they realize I'm asking for parts for a 59 year old vehicle, they immediately shut me off saying they don't have anything that old.
Ed Q.
North Texas
47 CJ2A
GhostXJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GhostXJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb. 2007 at 10:56am
There is also 820Jeeps in the Hurst Euless area. Awesome place and the owner knows much more than I could hope for!

Sorry for the absence, I had to get rid of my CJ2A but just got a M38A1!
1953 M38A1
equin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote equin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb. 2008 at 7:30pm

Thought I'd bump this thread back up.  I'd say the few of us on here are enough to unofficially form the "North Texas Flat Fenders Club."  My suggestion is that membership should be free and open to anyone with a flattie or a love of flatties.  Next up for our unofficial NTFF club would be the requisite meeting, hopefully with at least one CJ2A or other flat fender present (running or not) for us to gawk at while we discuss other important flat fender business, like resto's, resti's, mods, the one that got away, local part suppliers, tall tales of flattie prowess, etc.

Billy and I are close by just south of Dallas, while GhostXJ and TXJake are way out in the hinterlands west of Ft. Worth.  Maybe we could meet somewhere in between that's equally inconvenient for all of us on a Saturday afternoon sometime.

Also, Billy and I are planning on going to the annual Mega Run event the weekend of February 29 at the Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area in Gilmer, TX (about 2-2.5 hours east of Dallas).  He's wise enough not to bring his CJ2A to the event, while I'm foolish enough to try my luck with mine.  Unlike two years ago, though, I doubt I'll subject my 61-year old Willys to the rust-flake shaking abuse I subjected it to before.  So I'll most likely just drive it around some easy trails in the hopes that it'll be able to make it back on to the trailer - that is, if I can get it to start and run well enough to be able to get it on a trailer at home to begin with.  So if any of y'all want to come meet us out there that'd be great.  Info on the Mega Run can be found here:

Otherwise, if y'all have any other ideas about our unofficial club and prospective meeting, please post 'em up!

Ed Q.
Ed Q.
North Texas
47 CJ2A
ntxtrooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ntxtrooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2008 at 3:25am
I am in Wichita Falls. I will be purchasing a 1946 CJ2A tommorrow hopefully.

I would love to get onboard with a club.
equin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote equin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2008 at 7:20pm
Welcome, NTXTROOPER.  There's a father and son team (Bleddyn and Nate) out in Henrietta that owns a CJ2A and builds M151s.  Don't know if you know them, but thought I'd mention them just in case since they're not too far from you.
Ed Q.
North Texas
47 CJ2A
equin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote equin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2008 at 10:38pm
I got this info from the local jeep club forum that I frequent.  I think it'd be awesome if we could get our CJ2A's pictured in front of these old warbirds:

Here's a link to the thread where I found out about it:

http://www.lonestarjeepclub.org/board/showthread.php?t=17710
Ed Q.
North Texas
47 CJ2A
equin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote equin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2008 at 10:40pm
I'm hoping to get my CJ2A in half-way decent aesthetic condition and driveable by then.  This airport is only a few miles away from where I live.  If I can make it, it'd be great to see if any other North Texas Flatfenders can make it as well.
Ed Q.
North Texas
47 CJ2A
GhostXJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GhostXJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2008 at 12:20pm
TXJAKE, I'm in HasletBig%20smile
1953 M38A1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>