Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Clubs for jeeps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

North Texas Flat Fender Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2018 at 12:29pm
The Texas patrol of the IFFC is doing great. I'll see if I can get them to post here .
Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub
NealzWorld View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NealzWorld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec. 2019 at 1:57pm
I'm in Mansfield.  I'd love to get together with some other flat fenders!   I think most jeep clubs get together to go rock crawling or trail riding??   Not really into that in the 47!?!??!   

I like the parking lot idea.. OR!...  How would yall feel about meeting up at Alpine, hitting the sporting clays course?  I like jeeps and I like guns.   I'm terrible at clays, but it'd be a fun day.  

Just trying to give some ideas to get the ball rolling on a CJ2A club! 
1947 CJ2A #88589
Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec. 2019 at 3:02pm
Neal, I posted on the IFFC fb page.  I am trying to get them to post here a bit.
Lew
Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NealzWorld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec. 2019 at 6:18pm
O.   I don't have facebook.   Couldn't find anything about the texas chapter of the IFFC.  Guess they are only on FB?  

Anyway, anyone wanna meet up let me know.   Im always down for new adventures in the jeep.  Haven't ventured out of Mansfield yet in the jeep.  

1947 CJ2A #88589
rmneal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmneal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb. 2020 at 5:51pm
Just stumbled across your post...not much activity here or the FB IFFC page.  My '47...ish isn't street legal yet, but I'm not far from it.  I've been taking my youngest out to Bridgeport OHV as often as I can.  No rock crawling or mud bugging, but plenty to keep me and boy entertained for the day.  Would be awesome to get together with some other Texas/North Texas folks.
fullgarage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullgarage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2020 at 6:48pm
Just stumbled onto this thread and would love to see if we can get us North Texas guys organized.  I am in Celina/Prosper and my jeep is not back on the road yet, but I am getting close.  I would be happy to host a socially-distanced get together at my place if others are interested.
David - Celina,TX
1948 CJ-2a (on the road but never finished)
Tex swede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tex swede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2020 at 7:07pm
Hi, is this David? If so this is your neighbor, Gary with the 47 , we saw each other at the neighbors concert. Let me know and I will come over and we can discuss the get together.
rmneal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmneal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2020 at 7:45pm
Finally have mine street legal....although the plates are "Antique".  I have a little street time on it at speeds of 30 - 50.  Just not certain how long it will hold up at those speeds.  I have offroaded at 15 and less all day.  Would definitely be cool to get together.  Let me know what I could do to help out!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NealzWorld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2020 at 9:25pm
Is the Bridgeport park open these days?   That'd be a cool get together.   My Jeep is off in San Antonio with my brother right now.    We share custody. :)    But I'll have it back pretty soon.  
1947 CJ2A #88589

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullgarage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2020 at 9:38pm
Bridgeport is open, but my jeep is still in many pieces.
David - Celina,TX
rmneal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmneal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2020 at 12:26am
Bridgeport is open.  Was out there in June with the North Texas CJ Jeeps Facebook group.  Has to purchase your pass online at the time, but you may be able to buy at the gate now.  I am always down for Bridgeport.  Not made it to Barnwell yet, but it is on the short list.  

How many pieces you got left to get it running, David?  
textrooper11362 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote textrooper11362 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2020 at 4:24am
I am in Ennis life long jeep owner. Not really into show I am more go. Very interested in joining flat fender club. Not into extreme 4x4 just like driving a jeep that was built in 1949 that can still go any where. Currently own 1949 cj2a. Always tinkering with. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullgarage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2020 at 2:30pm
 I will check out the CJ Facebook page.  Good lead there.  I am doing a total rebuild but am getting close.  Pretty stock but I will use it.  The chassis and driveline are complete.  I started the engine a few weeks ago.  The body is still off but it is ready to go back on when I get time.  Then it is wiring, gauges, etc...

Hope to be done before Thanksgiving.

I also own a modified TJ Rubicon and recently bought a Gladiator as my daily driver, so into Jeeps deep.  If you are in Ennis, Hidden Falls is likely as close as Bridgeport...
David - Celina,TX
textrooper11362 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote textrooper11362 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2020 at 10:30pm
Where hidden falls

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullgarage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2020 at 10:56pm
https://www.hiddenfallsadventurepark.com

Just east of Marble Falls.    Great place.  The guys go riding and the wives go antiquing in the Hill Country.  Get together for a nice dinner, then repeat on Sunday.  Perfect weekend...
David - Celina,TX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullgarage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2020 at 12:10am
Anyone in North Texas have a brake drum puller they would let me borrow for about 5 minutes?  Was able to get one off with a dead blow hammer, but the other won't cooperate.
David - Celina,TX
47 deuce alpha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47 deuce alpha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2020 at 12:33am
Check with your nearest O'Reilly's, they may have a loaner program, the store here in Midland does.
1947 CJ2A 90419
1947 CJ2A 127735
1949 Ford 8N
1955 Kaiser Willys Pickup
Half the distance takes you twice as long.
rmneal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmneal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2020 at 12:40am
I do, as a matter of fact.  give me a call.  682-472-0066

Rob
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>