Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FOUND CJ2A 30591 WHAT IS IT WORTH

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dukey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FOUND CJ2A 30591 WHAT IS IT WORTH
    Posted: 25 Mar. 2006 at 12:48pm
I FOUND AN EARLY CJ2A SN 30591, IT WAS A COLUM SHIFT BUT NOW IS A STANDARD ON THE FLOOR.  PRETTY RUFF SHAPE EVERYTHING IS THERE BESIDES THE RADIATOR. FROM WHAT I CAN TELL THE TRANNY IS SHOT, FULL OF RUST.  CHASIS ROLLS. DONT KNOW IF MOTOR WILL TURN BODY HAS THE NORMAL RUST IN TOOL BOX AND IN FLOORS. I CAN GET THIS JEEP AND A 48 WILLYS IN ABOUT THE SAME SHAPE. WHAT DO YOU THINK THERE WORTH?
1946 cj2a 17463
1950 cj3a
wyowillys46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyowillys46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar. 2006 at 4:29pm
Maybe three or four hundred dollars. Sounds like quite a lot is wrong with it.
GaryArf View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar. 2006 at 10:01pm

The price?.......

What are you willing to pay?

If this Jeep has all the features of a column shift other than the colunm shift, It may be worth more. but even at that it is only worth any special parts over and above any other old Jeep. I know of a Jeep in my area that I'm working my angles to get it to a reasonable price. And I'm thinking $400.00, Don't know if anything works but it has the column shifter (that is broke, but complete)

What I'm willing to pay and what he wants for it is still to be negotiated.

Gary

CJ2A #10021 #34692 #58500

F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar. 2006 at 10:22pm

Remember you are a long way away from those who might need any parts from thse jeeps, and shipping is going to be a huge part of the cost.

In your area I wouldn't pay a whole lot....there are still a lot of jeeps out there for parts.

Now if you are buying to obtain a specific part for your own jeep, you may be willing to pay more.. but to buy on speculation to part out.. not a moneymaking thing unless you are really good at it.

If all the column specific parts are gone it isn't worth a whole lot more than any other 2A.

I could be wrong, however. It might have an original dash mounted coil and switch in working condition in it..

If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

CathArf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CathArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar. 2006 at 11:09pm

F Bill,

There is not alot of difference between the column and cane shift, Just the hardware and stearing column. It's other things like you say that can tip the balance like "Keyed coil" or Naco tailight. But these can come on any cane shifter also. I always look for stuff like Vacuum wipers with the manuel on the passenger side, or the right airfilter, radiator hoses, or rear seat. It's all the little things on these that nickel and dime you. If you can justify it with maybe just one component you make your money back. (Less shipping, that can be more that the purchase) Good luck in your negotiation.

Gary

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Corndogs.....

Post Reply Post Reply