Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Found my dual wheel adapters!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 6:39pm
Rock, Ralf, Outback, et al

I'm really jonesing for some dual wheels. I've thought of asking a local fabrication company to see if they could copy something like the Hickey hubs. Not sure I can really make that happen. 

I looked at the adaptors that Extreme Motor Works in MN makes for Cub Cadet garden tractors. They say then can build custom lengths and sizes.  I'm just wondering if these adapters that they make would hold up to the larger tires and horsepower of a CJ2A.  I haven't contacted them, but I'm thinking about it. 
Any thoughts?
Do you think that not having the lug nut taper in the wheel would be an issue? 

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
3-48s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-48s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 7:55pm
How about having the holes drilled out so you can use the Dual Wheel Adaptor Studs Joe is making. I think he may have one set left for 7-1/4" spacers.

Dual Wheel Adaptor Studs in --- CJ2A Page Member Created Parts---

Last post by Joe D.

Hi Ralf (and all),
I was hoping to have the last set sold before I start on them. Is anyone in a hurry for these? I wasn't planning on having anyone prepay for these so payment when they ship out will be fine. I will notify all that ordered when I have them finished. As far as starting the project, I will PM those that ordered to confirm their commitment to buying them prior to starting. I have one set left to sell, so if anyone would like one, please speak up.[/

Edited by 3-48s - 01 May 2014 at 8:00pm
1945 CJ2A #10536
1948 CJ2A #176528 "Elmer"
1948 CJ2A #155970 "Gray Mule"
1948 CJ2A #155365 "Old Yeller" (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 6147 (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 30856
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12