Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Front floor transmission tunnel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Front floor transmission tunnel
    Posted: 04 Apr. 2021 at 4:34am
Rebuilding my tub and need to find a piece like this section that I can piece together. Thanks, Jason

Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr. 2021 at 2:34pm
IF you find one, you're doing really well!  When picking a path to fix my floor, my hump had a lot of  holes and thin metal.  I wanted a hump section.

My searches found only the floor pans available OR a full floor replacement from MDJuan from their supply of "One Size Fits All" list of parts.  I choose the M38 floor and worked closely with the body shop to cut out all the M38 specific parts and keep all the CJ unique components.  I lost the indent on the passenger side that lines up along the hat channel.  I kept the CJ toe-boards, step mounting holes (and at least for the CJ-3B the tiny drain holes at the front center corners).  I also thought the bends between the floor pans/hump were a bit sharper than what was original.  The body shop helped smooth those out a bit.

Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
JLay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr. 2021 at 3:10am
Thanks Rus. I appreciate the input. I’m using all Classic Enterprises panels, but they don’t even make a full floor section, only driver and passenger floor pans. I would work with an MDJuan section or other brand, but I don’t want to buy a whole floor section just to cut out that piece (seems wasteful). I was hoping to find someone who replaced their entire floor, but perhaps their center hump wasn’t that bad and was going to get scrapped. We’ll see if anyone turns up. Here’s what I’m working with...

OldJeepBob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldJeepBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug. 2021 at 5:11pm
I have a '48 parts Jeep, and believe that section you want is intact and good metal.  Let me know if you are interested and I will check on it for you.
OldJeepBob
REPS
JLay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug. 2021 at 7:20pm
Yes!  I’m still interested. Thanks.  
OldJeepBob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldJeepBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug. 2021 at 10:13pm
I'll have a look tomorrow.
Bob Price
REPS
JLay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2021 at 1:14am
Did you get my message?  I didn’t see an email from you. Just in case I had a typo in my email address, here it is again:

Jlay.Pdx@gmail.com

Thanks, Jason
JLay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep. 2021 at 7:58pm
Update… I’m still looking for this floor section like a needle in a haystack. Just in case anyone reads this thread and assumes I got one already. Thanks
Kulpfarm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kulpfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2023 at 7:25pm
https://www.debellajeepparts.com/CJ2A_BODY_CATALOG.htm

Can buy the piece you are looking for here
JLay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2023 at 7:36pm
Thanks.  i ended up fabricating my own from scratch, but this would have been a whole lot easier.  Good to know.
Kulpfarm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kulpfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2023 at 8:20pm
I was thinking about fabricating my own as well but would need to buy equipment costing way more and time than the replacement part.  Took me forever to,find it
 Post Reply Post Reply