Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - Tech Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

front wheel bearing cj7

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov. 2018 at 11:50am
Always take the old part with you so they can get a number off of it.
uncamonkey
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov. 2018 at 11:54am
Planning on it! Good advice, thanks.
Rick Estes
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov. 2018 at 9:29pm
Got everything put back together, and it seems right. So, I got him off the jack stands to do a little.test.drive and re-tighten the lug nuts- won't start! Seems to be either a bad connection or the shifter linkage. That's for tomorrow. It kicked my butt!
Rick Estes
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec. 2018 at 12:53am
Ok! Cleaned a few electrical connections and he started up! I checked the lugs and drove him a little, and all seems right except for a clicking in what sounds like the left front wheel. I think i bent a place on the splash shield. Ill try to figure that tomorrow, and hope to get the inspection done.
Rick Estes
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec. 2018 at 9:33pm
I just got the call from the inspection shop, and I'm breaking out in my Happy Dance! That hurts on a 71 year old!!
Thanks to those of you who responded!
Rick Estes
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec. 2018 at 11:58am
I forgot to mention that the mechanic who did the inspection was not able to hear any unusual clicking. As for me, I just took my hearing aids out!🤗
Rick Estes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12