Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fuel cam lobe gone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpkid805 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fuel cam lobe gone?
    Posted: 29 Oct. 2018 at 11:16pm
so i managed to set the points get the gap and even figure the rotor spins CCW, went with starter fluid and she started and puttered for a split second, now my new problem is that theres a new fuel pump and when i try and use that, she doesnt suck. i know she works since i pulled her out and pumped it myself. I was looking inside but trying to look inside and turn the key resulted in me using my phone and video mode. to what looked like min to no lobe left. Does anyone know where to get a new one. Or are all of ya just gonna say block it and put a electric fuel pump on. If thats the case anyone have a link to one they use.

Thanks guys

Patrick
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct. 2018 at 11:23pm
Can't get a new lobe lobe without getting a new cam. Been there, done that. 

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct. 2018 at 11:46pm
I recently bought a NOS camshaft from Peter Debella

http://www.debellajeepparts.com/

athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2018 at 12:37am
The fuel pump lobe is not very obvious.  I don't know the exact difference between the high spot and the low spot, but it can't be more than a 1/4".
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
 Post Reply Post Reply