Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

General roominess question?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2022 at 9:20am
Yes cj-5 rear springs are 4-1/8” longer so the rear portion of frame was extended.
The drivers seat frames are interchangeable between a 3A/3B and a 5; so one should expect driver comfort to remain the same excepting the arched windshield glass from 1969 onward.
I might also mention that the Ross column on some of the later 5’s was a tad longer (about 1”).

Edited by oldtime - 11 Jan. 2022 at 9:24am
Currently building my final F-134 powered 3B .
T98-A Rock Crawler using exclusive factory parts and Approved Special Equipment from the Willys Motors era (1953-1963)
Zero aftermarket parts

Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2022 at 1:09pm
Mark, you are correct about the floor riser being in the same place, but the wheel houses were shortened a couple of inches beginning with the 3A / M38 which allows the seat to sit further back than on a 2A. 
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
BD1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2022 at 8:33pm
Sounds like I gain a little leg room from the 2a to the 3a, but not much from the 3a to the CJ5?

BD
'47 CJ2a, Shiny on top!
'55 CJ5 project
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12