Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Got some bad news at the Doctors office today.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got some bad news at the Doctors office today.
    Posted: 13 Feb. 2023 at 7:30pm
FIRST OF ALL LET ME SAY THIS POST IS NOT TO MAKE LIGHT OF ANYONE WHO IS HAVING HEALTH PROBLEMS.

So I had my big once a year doctors appointment this morning. He combines my yearly physical and my DOT physical (the one that gets me my Medical card so I can drive truck)

YEP I passed. In fact the blood sugar was good enough it made him smile (last time he wasn't real happy) and he never even mentioned the blood pressure.

SO sadly I will be stuck in that dam dump truck another 12 months at least. Maybe I should eat more potato's the month before next time I come up for my DOT exam.

14 months until I retire And no more DUMP TRUCK.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
General Eisenhower View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Eisenhower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb. 2023 at 5:38pm
14 months! That right around the corner. That's great news to here I'd say. Last time I was at the doctor I found I had high blood pressure, so now my job us less stressful.... and I try to cut back on the salt lol

Edited by General Eisenhower - 14 Feb. 2023 at 5:39pm
I Like Ike!
1948 CJ2a "Hefty Horse"
1994 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2016 Jeep JKU 75th anniversary edition
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb. 2023 at 7:28pm
I would already be retired if I had anything to say about it but I promised the wife I would not retire until she could get on Medicare. As we both need to have health insurance of some sort. And she turns 65 about a month and a half after I reach full retirement age for SSI. SO it works out pretty good.

We will both do decent on SSI and she has a small union pension and I have been packing up the 401K (almost as fast as the bad people in DC are screwing it) So we should be good to go.

The wife already has a little Hobby business (now they call them a side hustle) And I will start making some of the things I have over the years that make me money and I'll spend it all on going somewhere in CHUG.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2023 at 12:30pm
Had I known retirement was as good as it is I would have retired a few years earlier than I did. 

I love being retired where the work I do is whatever I choose to do. 

Yep, eating a lot of potatoes will get that A1C up there where you want it. Wink 
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb. 2023 at 4:30am
I retired after Independence Day in '21 just after I turned 68 but I should have worked for one more year so I could have paid off my house.  Then again, I think about the guy who was my boss when I left the work world.  He was 5 years younger than me and he died from a heart attack in December of '21.  Didn't have a chance to retire.  Ah, he probably wouldn't have liked retirement anyway.

My VA primary care physician tells me I'm "pre-diabetic" with A1C at 6.5% last September.  I guess 50 + years of being a Pepsi junkie wasn't a wise choice.  Exercise?  What's that? 
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb. 2023 at 10:03am
  Another Pepsi junkie, we should start a club.  61+ years for me also. Do you remember the 16 oz glass bottles with the pressed on caps?

Jim
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
 Post Reply Post Reply