Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grampa’s Jeep And Friends Hot Wheeling

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2018 at 3:08am
Originally posted by dluber dluber wrote:

we need to move back to Maryland soon

Bummer. If I could get away from this neck of the woods and get to the western side, I'd do it. 

Great job wheelin' that Willys. Enjoy it while you can out there.
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2018 at 5:05pm
Seeing how much fun you all were having in the pics and video, I would not have guessed it was 100+ degrees out there!  

Dave, Maryland is a long ways from CO and UT, but I hope we can cross paths with you and Sydney for some more wheeling in the near future. 

Stan, Hopefully I will catch up with you in Moab when it is a little cooler out there. 
nivrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nivrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2018 at 5:25pm
love the bikini top Stan- another bonus to having a rollbar:-)
Looks like you guys had a ball!

Mike
Suffering through the mid 70’s in Ouray...
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2018 at 6:42pm
Hey Stan,

It's only going to reach 95 today in Moab - cool weather compared to earlier in the week.  We went out yesterday and did a portion of Hell's Revenge and went back and forth a couple times over Baby Lion's Back.  I wanted to make sure the fuel issues were solved and everything checks out okay so far.  A new issues has started on my jeep - popping out of second.  It did it once on Poison Spider going down hill and now is happening more frequently.  Looks like I have some research to do...

Take care,

Dave
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2018 at 8:18pm
Stan, I for one do think you're a little crazy.  That's part of your charm!

Dave, you will be missed.  Don't  let Sydney forget how to 4-wheel.  'Till we jeep again .... 
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2018 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by dluber dluber wrote:

Hey Stan,

It's only going to reach 95 today in Moab - cool weather compared to earlier in the week.  We went out yesterday and did a portion of Hell's Revenge and went back and forth a couple times over Baby Lion's Back.  I wanted to make sure the fuel issues were solved and everything checks out okay so far.  A new issues has started on my jeep - popping out of second.  It did it once on Poison Spider going down hill and now is happening more frequently.  Looks like I have some research to do...

Take care,

Dave

Down right chilly. Probably had to put on a sweatshirt.

Lots of popping out of 2nd discussion in this thread.

Originally posted by Katiedid Katiedid wrote:

Stan, I for one do think you're a little crazy.  That's part of your charm!

I don’t think my wife finds it that charming.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2018 at 1:31am
I got a composite video of our first day on Hell's Revenge. A couple of these clips in this video I already posted above.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2018 at 9:37pm
Here's my video of our 2nd day on Poison Spider Mesa.

This was my first time driving Poison Spider. I was on it one other time as a passenger with Jeff in Bam Bam. I did not remember this trail being this fun. Maybe it was all the stopping and starting with the Easter Jeep Safari sanctioned group that we were with that day. 
Anyway, since driving it myself with a small group I would rate it as one of my Moab favorites and suggest that if you can only do one or two trails in Moab, in my opinion,  Hell's Revenge should be first and Poison Spider should be 2nd. There are many others that rate right up there, but Poison Spider has lots to challenge you but not too much that will kill you or break your machine.  That's always assuming that one is a skilled and thoughtful wheeler. Which is sometimes assuming a lot. 

It was a really fun day.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 12:43am
There are a few more trails out there. I'm sure you have done Fins n' things. One of our favorites is Top of the World. Just try to make it before the EJS chews things up. The last trip they made me lead, I would much rather run in the rear.
Alrighty now,
Lockhart Basin.
Top of the World.
Confluence Overlook.
Lavander Canyon.
There is more but I'm going to stop now, I have done all in the area you mentioned.

uncamonkey
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 2:29am
what a blast, Stan!  Would loved to run these trails with you guys.😁
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 3:55pm
I have to agree with Stan, two of my favorites for the flat fender is Hell's Revenge and Poison Spider Mesa.  I think Poison Spider offers the most variety and balance of technical and scenic opportunities. 
mikec4193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec4193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 5:37pm
I love the finish on grandpas Jeep...father time has done it rather well I would say....

MikeC

I am the squirrel....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123