Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grampa's Jeep at Toquerville Falls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grampa's Jeep at Toquerville Falls
    Posted: 24 Nov. 2017 at 7:37am
Went for a Thanksgiving morning ride to Toquerville Falls in Southern Utah.
I have some more pics and vids that I'll try and post later but here's a teaser pic.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2017 at 7:47am
One more pic for tonight.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2017 at 12:33pm
Nice. I used to get stopped by people on the side of the road to talk about my 3B. They didn't care about the new Jeeps in line behind me. They just liked the fact I was running an old flatty on the trail. It still goes into the places the JKURs go but I am smart enough to look at the road first and decide if it is time to eat lunch instead.
uncamonkey
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2017 at 12:34pm
Beautiful country. You are teasing us Stan. When will the Utah meet you are hosting occur? Wink John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2017 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

Went for a Thanksgiving morning ride to Toquerville Falls in Southern Utah.
I have some more pics and vids that I'll try and post later but here's a teaser pic.

Very cool photos!  which line did you take here

Thanks for posting!
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2017 at 1:57pm
I have been zooming in on the pic trying to pick out a line up those falls as well. Looks like yet another cool place that I did not know existed.  Definitely a great way to spend Thanksgiving Day!  Stan, I am looking forward to putting your Utah gathering on my calander. 
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2017 at 2:22pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2017 at 2:25pm
... of course, BAM BAM could do any one of those lines ...... downward! Sick
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2017 at 3:16pm
Very cool photos Stan.
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2017 at 4:49pm
I'll talk about the lines up the falls later.Smile

For this ride, we literally started in my brothers back yard.  Here's the like up before we started out. That's Scott's house in the background. If you look closely behind us you can see the very long table set up on the back patio waiting for our return for the Thanksgiving feast.

Right off of Scott's back lawn is LaVerkin Creek. We went between these two trees and down into the creek crossing.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2017 at 5:10pm
Awesome, a backyard trailhead.
love the pictures Stan.  
An organize Utah flatty gathering would be sweet.
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2017 at 5:31pm
Took this little video of the "trailhead."

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2017 at 7:35pm
Wow!  I was already impressed that you got to go Jeepin' on Thanksgiving Day. Now I see that you launched your trail ride from your brother's backyard, down through a creek, and when you returned a large family awaits with a fine feast. I am not sure it gets much better than that!!!
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov. 2017 at 1:57am
It really was a great Thanksgiving day! 

Regarding the line up the falls.
Unfortunately, there really is no way to get to the base of these falls in a jeep except maybe going down them.

Here are three pictures that kind of pan from left to right. There is a 2nd  falls below the first one that runs straight off a shelf and into a deep pond that is fun to jump into in the summer when it's 105 degrees in Southern Utah.

I have seen pictures of motorcycles on that shelf across the way, but the path down to it is a too narrow even for a flatfender.

Here's the actual way one gets their jeep to the top of the falls. Not nearly as glamorous as climbing the falls, but one can only do what one can do.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov. 2017 at 3:09am
I'm surprised at you Stan! You drove right past that rock and didn't run over it! Were you feeling alright? BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov. 2017 at 5:59am
Originally posted by Bruce W Bruce W wrote:

I'm surprised at you Stan! You drove right past that rock and didn't run over it! Were you feeling alright? BW

Sometimes you make route choices based on your passengers. That's my sister-in-law and my niece in the back seat. I just about dumped them in the creek a few minutes earlier so I decided to  take it easy on them with that rock.  LOL
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov. 2017 at 9:31am
Pretty neat. My jeep would never make it between those trees due to the hard top.
Looking at the size of the table, some people are doing a lot of cooking.
uncamonkey
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov. 2017 at 12:14pm
Very nice! Interesting country you live in Stan. thanks for posting the swimming hole. Here in the Black Hills they have a similar one called: "The Hippie Hole". Google it, no lie. John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>