Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grampa's Jeep on Hell's Revenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srlbotanical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2017 at 2:04pm
Fantastic!

Thanks for sharing. That's some beautiful country out there.

Steve
Steve
1948 CJ2A - The Good Dog
1997 TJ - The Trail Rig
2001 XJ - The kids ride
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2017 at 4:21pm
Makes us all proud to be in the "stock flatty" group. Way to show all those stuffed shirts out there!!!

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2017 at 8:10pm
Forgot I took the selfie or "ussie" as jpet says, or me, Bretto, and Brett's wife Becky waiting in line at the world famous Milt's burger joint in Moab.   Selfies are the best for getting a good look at ones own double chin. Confused

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2017 at 8:32pm
Greg from rme4x4.com takes excellent photos and videos.  He grabbed this vid of Grampa's Jeep  conquering Potato Salad Hill.

Greg  took a bunch of still photos of the event we were participating in. Lots of good shots of the two flatties that were there along with the other rigs that took part. 

Here's a link to the thread on rme4x4.com

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov. 2017 at 4:54am
Hey all.
 Any of you that have been on any trail rides with me know that I usually have a GoPro hanging off my side mirror or windshield. I filmed most of this ride on Hell’s Revenge and finally got it edited and uploaded. I sped the playback up to 8X to get through the whole day in around 20 minutes.  Mostly I make these things for myself and anyone who might want to get a feel of what the entire trail is like.

I do slow it down on the obstacles, got to show off a little. Smile

Here’s the Hell’s Revenge video. Thanks to Bretto and Greg for the alternate views.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov. 2017 at 5:46am
At least you had room to get around the other vehicles. A friend used to have to drive in the lead position and would stop to run back to take pictures. He always stopped about 40 feet short so there was 2 Jeeps still parked on the hill.
"I thought I left enough room, do we need to buy you a tape measure? I was usually riding drag so I spent a lot of time sitting on a hill and trying to get going again. Yep, I have driven most of those trails out there in my 3B.
uncamonkey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12