Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grampa's Jeep on Saturday Morning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grampa's Jeep on Saturday Morning
    Posted: 02 June 2018 at 11:39pm
We took a little ride up into the local mountains.  I ttok some GoPro video, but it's just mostly the same old thing. Dirt roads and beautiful mountains. Nothing you all haven't seen before. 

Here's a couple of pics.

I got a little discouraged because one of my favorite local trails that I have taken the last couple of years now has this stupid sign on it.  In case you can't see it, beneath the cute picture of the ATV the words say "TRAIL CLOSED to all vehicles over 50 inches wide."   Grrr...!!!

Edited by smfulle - 03 June 2018 at 1:49am
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
CJ2A-CT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ2A-CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2018 at 12:54am
Well thank God your only 49 1/2 inches wide!!!!!  I would have gone for it. 
46 CJ2a 22786 Brer Rabbit, 53 Willys Wagon, 62 Willys Pickup building with son-in-law, Jason
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2018 at 1:51am
Hey Stan, read about the reducing of the size of national parks in Utah. Just curious but will that effect places you wheel? Joe W
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2018 at 1:57am
They reduced the size of the parks and thereby the size of the entrances too?  Sounds a little WackoSmile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2018 at 2:07am
Originally posted by wadoyado wadoyado wrote:

Hey Stan, read about the reducing of the size of national parks in Utah. Just curious but will that effect places you wheel? Joe W

Well, I live in the north part of the state, and all those national parks and monuments that people who live on the east and west coasts say need to be protected from me and other local people who don’t know how to use our own land are in the south, so as far as spur of the moment, Saturday morning wheeling goes, no effect. 
When taking a few days to run south and play, recent reductions in the size of the federal land grabs, Err... i mean national parks and monuments, means, we should still have hundreds of miles of trails available to use that would have been “managed” out of regular accessibility by the all knowing federal overseerers.

Whoooppss,
I think I let my politics show there for a minute. I’ll try not to do that again. 

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2018 at 3:29am
Sure didn't mean to get political. I've watched many of your great vid's just wondering if these trails were in danger of becoming off-limits. I'm just now realizing I can't just drive from my back yard to miles of trails here in MI, but due to growth of population not land grabbing. Joe
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2018 at 7:48pm
An old Willys is so quiet you'd hardly even know it's there. They sneak through the woods. 
 Post Reply Post Reply