Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Grampa's Jeep travels between Eden and Paradise
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grampa's Jeep travels between Eden and Paradise

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grampa's Jeep travels between Eden and Paradise
    Posted: 04 Oct. 2017 at 4:21pm
I haven't had Grampa's Jeep out on the dirt pretty much since our Rubicon Adventure in July.  Yesterday (Oct 3) was a beautiful day here in Northern Utah so after work we took a run up into the hills. There are a couple of small towns here named Paradise and Eden. In between them is another small town called Avon and a dirt road through the mountains. 

I forgot to take my gopro with me, but here's some phone video and a few stills of me and Grampa's Jeep traveling between Eden and Paradise.  The colors were actually a little bit more intense than the pictures show. It was a nice little ride. Nothing difficult, but fun none the less.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2017 at 4:39pm
Life is Good, isn't it Stan.  Thx 4 posting
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2017 at 4:48pm
Yes, life is Good!  
Watching the reports for you all at Cheap Jeep's Meet got me itching to get out there off the pavement.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2017 at 5:19pm
Stan be gettin' out there.. Good on'ya!!Thumbs Up
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2017 at 6:14pm
All the pics from my phone are automatically backed up to Google Photos, including the ones I took yesterday on our jaunt in the hills.
 This morning I got a note from Google saying here is your new stylized photo. I didn't order one. I guess they are just bragging on their tech capabilities. They don't look all that different to me. 

Here are the two photos. First one is before. 2nd one is after. The after photo is actually a little closer to how the fall foliage really looked to me live.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2017 at 7:20pm
They look pretty close to me, but I like the second one a little better. You might have to take Grampa's Jeep out again and get some more pictures for them to practice on
bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2017 at 10:47pm
Nice Stan!
Hey curious if you'd want to take a trip to Moab coming up 1st weekend in Nov.  PM me and I'll send you a link.  Im not hard coring it like you normally would but its Moab.
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2017 at 10:53pm
Nice! Thanks for posting as well!..... Very little color here, mostly green yet as things seem to be a couple weeks behind normal.

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2017 at 3:03am
That was just a relaxing walk in the park for that Jeep.  Smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2017 at 3:30am
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

That was just a relaxing walk in the park for that Jeep.  Smile

Isn’t it grand that a little jeep like this can be so much fun crawling over rocks and climbing up ledges, then the next time out it’s a blast rolling along a easy dirt road while you take in the scenery. And the time after that it’s a big hoot to stay on the pavement and roll on down to the drive in for a burger and shake. 

Kirts
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2017 at 4:01am
It is grand, indeed!  Big smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2017 at 9:09am
It always made me wonder how we can beat the daylights out of a Jeep and still be able to drive the several hundreds of miles home. They must be made of some stern stuff.
uncamonkey
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2017 at 10:34am
Stan the Man!, back in action, thanks for another inspiring vid. Every time I watch one, I get all fired-up to go finish my jeep. Thanks Joe W
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2017 at 12:14pm
Glad to see the Jeep Disease is still flowing in your veins Stan! Life is good, especially when cruising a trail in your old friend. Like a favorite pair of comfortable shoes. Thumbs Up Oilly
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
 Post Reply Post Reply