Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grease gun couplers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ADave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grease gun couplers
    Posted: 13 May 2020 at 10:09pm
All my grease guns are as old as my CJ2A. Only half the grease goes where it should.
What is the best replacement grease gun coupler out there? 
Siskiwit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siskiwit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 10:45pm
Some have three little jaws inside and some have four. The ones that have four have a better grip and don’t pop off as easily and seem to last a little longer. I bought a clip on attachment at the auto store a while back and like it. It’s good for hard to reach places.
'48 2a - '46 2a - '54 3b - '70 cj5 and a bunch of accessories.
OnlyOneDR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnlyOneDR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2020 at 11:46pm
LockNLube couplers are pretty good.  One of my buddies that works on heavy equipment swears by them.  I have one and it doesn't work for all situations on my four-wheeling rig (angles not right) but if you can hit the fitting straight on they do not come off.
Searching for time to put it all together...
1950 CJ-3A #37751 In Pieces
1969 Chevy Blazer Resto-Mod Waiting for its day...
2001 Nissan Frontier Crawler Adventure Rig
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 12:03am
If your zerks are plugged with hard grease you'll have problems no matter what coupler you use. same with aftermarket chi-com zerks-the heads seem to be smaller..
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
2ADave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ADave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2020 at 2:14pm
Thanks for the help guys. I am going to get a LockNLube coupler and see if I swear by it or at it.
I clean the hard grease out of the old zerks and reinstall them. This is the place to come for answers.

Thanks again, Dave 
2ADave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ADave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 1:21am
I got the LockNLube. Works great! Everything has been greased. Thanks for the help everyone. 
 Post Reply Post Reply