Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Great deal at Summit Racing on Super Traxion Tires
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Great deal at Summit Racing on Super Traxion Tires

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great deal at Summit Racing on Super Traxion Tires
    Posted: 06 Aug. 2018 at 12:19pm
I saw this posted on a fb page.  I've been thinking about replacing my old NDTs.  With the free shipping, rebate and discount code, it was a no-brainer.  I placed my order this morning.

If anyone is looking for tires, Summit Racing has a pretty good deal on 6.50x16 STA Super Traxion tires right now.

$60 mail in rebate
$50 off with code: 50YEARS
Free Shipping

1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2018 at 1:07pm
I need a full-size spare.     I see that the $60 rebate is for 4 tires.
Could the $50 off (with code),   be used for only 1 tire?
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2018 at 1:10pm
Not sure, I kind of doubt it, but its easy to try it out.  Just add it to your cart, check out and enter the code and see what happens.  You don't have to proceed further if you don't want to.
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2018 at 12:25am
New tires arrived today - sweet! My NDTs, made in the last century can soon be retiredWink

harvey45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harvey45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2018 at 1:41am
those remind me of old snow tires
redrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2018 at 1:56am
Mine arrived today, two day shipping and they look great.
“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid.”
greenlakesgary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlakesgary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2018 at 2:54am
Hey Guys!
Anyone had any experience with these tires?
Mike S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2018 at 3:12am
Originally posted by harvey45 harvey45 wrote:

those remind me of old snow tires

Yeah... they look like the old Hercules Mud & Snow tires.
'47 CJ2A -- #114542
Warn FF D41 rear
Lock-Right locker
11" drum brakes
Dual master cylinder
T90C Transmission
16 X 6 Jeep truck wheels
Cooper STT Pro tires
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2018 at 4:27am
Originally posted by greenlakesgary greenlakesgary wrote:

Hey Guys!
Anyone had any experience with these tires?

It is tough to "review" these tires because there are so many variables.

From my limited experience  . . . 
 1) they are a great, well-made (in USA!) tire for a retro look, bias-ply tire.
 2) but not the ultimate tire.

I only have approx. 800 miles on mine,  that includes -> road miles,  Rubicon, Moab, Ouray.   In the extreme off-roading,  they suffered some "wear".   All the lugs are rounded on the front corner.   There are some decent chunks in some areas.

To compare these to the 31" BFG KM2 that I have been running for years,  they fall short in "performance" measurements (IMHO). . .  On road, they are louder, and feel clunky.  Off-road, the STA's do not feel to  have the traction of the KM2's, and suffered more wear.

Bottom line (again IMHO) . . it depends on what you want in a tire.   Get these if you want a quality retro look,  but maybe not for extreme off-roading.
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2018 at 11:44am
Ron - thanks for the real world review. Can you post a close up an 800 mile tire?  I doubt I'll ever run them as hard as you have. For my use, I think they will be a big improvement over the ancient NDTs.
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2018 at 2:39pm
Here are a couple photos of the wear.    This rounding only was noticeable after Rubicon.  Wink

I am not trying to discourage anyone from getting these tires.   I like them for most "normal" uses.  :-)

ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2018 at 6:15pm
Thanks Ron. Rubicon was a real torture test!
Spinnas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spinnas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2018 at 4:05pm
When you "wheel", tires will wear accordingly on the leading edge, it's gonna happen to any tire. I don't see that as a negative. The BFGs on my Dodge are wore like that from pulling a couple trees out of my yard spinning them on flat dirt/desert.
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2018 at 4:47pm
Maybe western dirt/rocks are tougher on tires than eastern.  LOL

The BFG KM2s previously on Wilson are approx 6-7 years old,  have seen plenty of rock,  including Rausch Creek in PA  (no Rubicon by any stretch,  but a lot of rocks)  . .  they do not have near the wear of the STAs.    In 30 years of wheeling,  I don't remember any of mine,  or my sons' tires rounding over as much as these STAs did.   

I am not bashing the tires,   I like them,   just sharing what I noticed.  Smile
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2018 at 5:05pm
I imagine they are made of a softer compound that provides slightly better traction at the expense of wear resistance.  I don't expect them to be like the 70K mile tires on my F150.  For the limited miles the jeep gets, I'd much rather have the better grippy-ness Smile
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2018 at 6:14pm
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2018 at 6:14pm
Simple tire has these 7.00- 15 LT with free shipping.
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2018 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by JeepFever JeepFever wrote:

Maybe western dirt/rocks are tougher on tires than eastern.  LOL

Well ya know it IS granite Wink (and in Moab SANDing Stone)

Maybe that needs to be on the 'list for the well prepared' too...at least 2 sets of tires, Eastern tires and Western tires then maybe a set of Beach tires too...a set of chevron tread Everglades/swamp tires too!

Oh man this 'Ultimate Do Everything Jeep' is getting EXPEN$IVE!!

Just playin'..........probably is a soft compound.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>