Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Great Local Place for Vintage Photo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great Local Place for Vintage Photo
    Posted: 15 July 2018 at 4:32am
Some day,  if I ever get my '3A restored,  I am hoping to get some "vintage" photos at this local spot,  (now a antique store,  but formerly a mainstay of community)   I plan to ask the owners of we could temporarily remove the "non-authentic" signs while taking photo
I was out for a drive in Wilson today,   and for first time in a while,   there were no "modern" cars in the parking lot.

ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 11:05am
Where is this? My wife and I love antiquing, but have not seen this one.
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
mikec4193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec4193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 11:43am
Now that is cool...love the overall look of the back drop...your Jeep just makes it right even more....

Thanks for posting.

MikeC

I am the squirrel....
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 12:03pm
Great pic's thanks for sharing, You can still find places like that in the UP of MI. but there disappearing fast! Joe W
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by ndnchf ndnchf wrote:

Downtown Madison . .  across Church St from the courthouse.      It is very obvious to see if traveling north on Main St.
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 1:55pm
Here is one of the shots in B&W 

My vision of vintage photo would be '3A  (without rollbar, top, etc)  . .   to park something like this,  with a couple of feed bags in the back.  Smile   Looking again at this,   I also need to find an old license plate.

Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 2:14pm
The 50 years of patina on the sign tend to ruin the look a bit. Like watching a Western with old gray buildings yet in real life the buildings would have been all pretty much new.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 2:22pm
I think your vision for the shot is good Ron....my only suggestion would be sepia toned instead of black and white, but that's just me.

It's just a personal preference....'digital black and white' doesn't seem to have 'the look' of film b/w to me.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2018 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by JeepFever JeepFever wrote:

Originally posted by ndnchf ndnchf wrote:

Downtown Madison . .  across Church St from the courthouse.      It is very obvious to see if traveling north on Main St.

Got it. My favorite in that area was Raggady Ann antiques in Etlans, just north of Madison. But they closed recently. We have to check that one out.
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2018 at 7:37pm
Nice,thanks for sharing .
1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
 Post Reply Post Reply