Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grill Welt pliers tool program.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMusil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug. 2020 at 12:04am
Never mind. I made one.
DMusil
Ryan_289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan_289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2020 at 2:33am
Does anyone know who has my set of pliers?   I need to use them.
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep. 2020 at 8:07pm
It is a damn shame that the person who generously started this tool "lending" thread is now without access to the tool when he needs it again. I guess some folk's honor is not worth the price of a pair of pliers.

Mark Twain said "No good deed goes unpunished".

If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
Ducati Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducati Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep. 2020 at 8:36pm
              Can't we track it down, who last wrote for it, who that answers posts had it recent & knows who he sent it to. This shouldn't be too hard & worth getting straight!
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep. 2020 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Oldpappy Oldpappy wrote:

It is a damn shame that the person who generously started this tool "lending" thread is now without access to the tool when he needs it again. I guess some folk's honor is not worth the price of a pair of pliers.

Mark Twain said "No good deed goes unpunished".

I'm missing the set I donated also...
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep. 2020 at 1:17am
Anyone I have lent my set to has always returned them to me. So there is hope! 

Ryan if you need a set I’ll be glad to send you mine, with a promise of a return directly to me. 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
Ryan_289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan_289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep. 2020 at 4:16pm
1952M38A1 is the last person that posted with my set.  I have sent him a PM but he hasnt been on since 2018.  Did anyone else in the thread get my pliers from him?
Ryan_289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan_289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep. 2020 at 6:16pm
Found my set!  
1952M38A1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1952M38A1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep. 2020 at 9:49pm
Greetings to all,

I had Ryan's set of Pliers that were sent to me by another member to use. The understanding under the program was that the receiver was in charge of care and custody of the set until another member needed to use them. I have kept them on the shelf ready to send out but no one asked for them until today. They have been shipped back as of today to Ryan as I had no clue as to the original supplier other than the instructions to hold until someone needed them.

1952M38A1
1952 M38A1 owned since 1990 and still working on it.
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep. 2020 at 11:49am
I think it would be a real good idea that when you are done with the pliers that you post that fact on this thread. That way someone needing the pliers could let you know that they would like to use them. If it isn't on this thread then no one knows where they are.
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

1952M38A1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1952M38A1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep. 2020 at 5:06pm
Thought I did post it...

Here it is:
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2018 at 6:09pm Received the pliers set (Ryan's)  from Russ. Waiting on a couple of rivets to be shipped then I'm ready to ship it out to the next person that needs it.

Gary (DC).

Sorry, not on the forum very much since my jeep is complete so I really didn't see the postings on the pliers.
1952 M38A1 owned since 1990 and still working on it.
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep. 2020 at 5:41pm
I need to do this on my Jeep and just bought the welting and rivets.

If anyone is willing to loan me a set of pliers I will gladly pay the cost of postage, and promptly put them back in the mail soon as I finish with them.
mickeykelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2020 at 2:55am
I can see one issue is like mentioned above that people need to post "I received from xxxx" and then "I’m finished and they are available ". But if that person isn’t a frequent visitor to the forum, then they have no way of knowing someone is looking for them, as just happened.  More expensive, but maybe better idea is not the "ring" method but the "spoke and hub". In other-words, always send it back to owner after use, especially if you don’t visit frequently or provide email and/or phone on the thread to contact. Just my thoughts. 
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2020 at 3:42pm
I would much prefer to send the tool back to the owner rather than having the responsibility of keeping up with it after use. There are too many people I don't necessarily know in and out of my shop, and I have had a few things come up missing over the years.
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2020 at 6:29pm
After looking at some of the pliers others have made I just decided to make my own set since I will need them again on the next project. 

So, no need for a loan of the tool. 
92889 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov. 2020 at 6:51am
I just made my own from a small piece of scrap. It only took a few minutes with a round file and two small tacks with the mig.
It’s not difficult to do and it worked great.

Sorry I can’t share. I already cut the block off of the pliers.

15 Field RCA
bosshoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bosshoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov. 2020 at 1:39am
I’m ready for pliers if a pair is available.
Chop chop
Dr. B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2021 at 10:59pm
Could use the pliers if available. I’m planning on going to the Great Willys Picnic this coming weekend, possibly could meet up there. Thanks Gary.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>