Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Happy Birthday SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy Birthday SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A
    Posted: 08 Apr. 2020 at 11:21pm
Ed have a Happy Birthday tomorrow. Get busy on fixing that death wobble, so we can see you on the trails soon. Take care a have a good one.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2020 at 12:07am
Have a good one Ed!
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2020 at 12:40am
Happy Birthday Ed!

BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
AKoller View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKoller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2020 at 1:15am
Happy birthday fellow Kansan! I wish you a good one with maybe even some “social distancing” in way of a Jeep ride.
1950 CJ3A "Thumper"
1966 M151 A1
1942 GPW #70221
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2020 at 1:51am
Weather cooperated today and Susan and I put 46 miles on Ol' Red and I may have overdone it on the sun that was out in full force today.

Thanks to you all for remembering my birthday...I don't feel 73. I bought Ol' Red when I was a young pup at 22. I kind of feel like I grew up with her.

Thanks, J.W., Jeff, Bruce, and Alan. Stay safe, and explore some of those backroad ditches they tell us to stay out of when you get a chance.   
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

snave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2020 at 3:30am
ED, hope your day was a good one!
Fuzz
Cj3bmutt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cj3bmutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2020 at 4:17am
Happy Birthday Ed.  Hope you have a great day.
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2020 at 9:47am
HBD SEK Thumbs UpParty

Hope this finds you and yours safe and whole Smile
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2020 at 4:20pm
Fuzz, I may have met you at last years Willys Rush. Thanks for the BD greeting.

Kris, I have shared trails with you at Rush Springs and FCT. Hope to see you again at FCT this fall. Rush Springs Willys Rush is looking like a no go for me this year unless it is later in the year. Thanks for the shout out.

Mike: There is probably zero chance you and I will ever meet face to face, but thank you for the birthday wishes. I have admired the work you have done on "Plowshare" ever since I have been on the Forum. You need to get out of Massachusetts and participate in a FCT on of these years so you can show me some of your cooking skills. Yum!    
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2020 at 11:01pm
Something to think about.  Mike has attended the last two Jeeps in January event in Madison, Wi. That's a lot closer than venturing to Mass and might help decide to return for No. 3 in the midwest
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2020 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Fltfndr Fltfndr wrote:

Something to think about.  Mike has attended the last two Jeeps in January event in Madison, Wi. That's a lot closer than venturing to Mass and might help decide to return for No. 3 in the midwest

January in Wisconsin? Don't get me wrong; I have known a couple of people that were from Wisconsin and they seemed like decent guys...but there is a reason that I live in Southern Kansas...the weather is reasonably mild. Ever since I got my feet frostbit when I was about 12, I have been cold weather adverse.

I really would have to bundle up in Wisconsin in January; "Ol' Red" doesn't have a top! Not making any promises!

Now, Wisconsin in the summer sounds like fun...

mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2020 at 4:43am
Originally posted by SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A wrote:

You need to get out of Massachusetts and participate in a FCT on of these years

Lol, I need to get out of MA...  Period.  Full stop.  End of statement. LOL  There has been some talk round these parts about trying to get out to the FCT.  I just recently switched jobs from a small outfit where it wasn't feasible to take more than a week at a time to a bigger place where it's easier to get coverage on my projects...so maybe Wink

As for January, Nofender and I did it on a lark two years ago, and so thoroughly enjoyed the trip we all but had to do it again this year.  I mean seriously, who flies almost halfway across the country and drives almost two hours to go to a bbq? TWICE? Thumbs Up It's great seeing folks that we otherwise wouldn't if we just stuck to the east coast corridor.  And Joe puts the heat on LOL  
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
 Post Reply Post Reply