Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harrison Heater

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Harrison Heater
    Posted: 08 Apr. 2006 at 9:56pm
Wow!! I just tuned into to Ebay and there is a Harrison heater H-441-51
that is nearing $500.00. It hasn't been repainted, so the original factory
decal is visible. What's next $100.00 hood blocks? I have an H
-441-48 heater myself, but I never thought it would be worth that much.
Here is the photo as it was posted.

I just added this close up of this heater's decal for all those interested.

Tim

Edited by timcj2a - 08 Apr. 2006 at 10:40pm
1946 CJ2A #69376

Chula Vista, CA

ricksslatts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricksslatts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr. 2006 at 10:16pm

I guess from now on, when I come across an old Willys, I'll look under the dash instead of under the hood. Thanks for the pict Tim.. I have never seen a Harrison Heater before.

Rick
timcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr. 2006 at 10:25pm
The final selling price was $513.50.....Yikes!!
1946 CJ2A #69376

Chula Vista, CA

Turtleherder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turtleherder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2006 at 5:41am
I have found that there are buyers with more money than sense. I have
found that there are people who are desperate to have that which they
think they need. Just be patient and vigilant. The good deals are still
coming.

Edited by Turtleherder - 09 Apr. 2006 at 5:42am
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2006 at 11:13am
They are generally worth around $100 or so.....don't be misled. That one maybe a little more for someone who wanted it in their non-restored original because it was still original and unpainted.
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Jonesy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2006 at 3:14pm

It's one of them thar special order ones, with the gold plated core, once saved John Wayne's toes from frostbite.

cj

Oakes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2006 at 9:56am
I think that was mine at one time. I've had 15 at one time but sold them all off once I got hooked on the column shifts.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES, THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS
BC472A105381 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BC472A105381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr. 2006 at 8:10am
Maybe I should sell the two that I still have so that I can buy another "Parts Jeep" ??
47CJ2A Princeton Black Purchaced new by my Great-Grandfather!!

70 CJ-5 with 8,000lb. Ramsey winch V-6
Jonesy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr. 2006 at 2:56pm

Get those heaters on ebay while the fish are biting, if you want those big bucks. I saw something like this happen with MB gas tanks some years back. For a couple of weeks, they were selling $300 up on ebay, then the frenzy ended and they were going for half that. Don't know what they are going for now, I sold the MB tank I had while the bite was on.

CJAlaska

Bluax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2006 at 4:22am

Us poor folk havta bear in mind, however, that 'money' is relative and $500 simply isn't that much to some.  But I can't help but wonder what that heater is 'really' going to cost before its use? A core that old can't last indefinitely and those custom cores cost an arm and a leg, at least around the Phoenix area they do.  BTW, has anyone heard how St Artemus is progressing with our authentic Harrison decals?  I'm ready for a couple!  I did contact Northstar but it didn't sound like their's was close to the style we have been discussing.

Blu

Mountains ta climb, roads ta drive an' rivers ta paddle .... now 'Ride Bambino, Ride!'
 Post Reply Post Reply