Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Research & History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harvest Tan years

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scratch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Harvest Tan years
    Posted: 05 Aug. 2022 at 2:50pm
I'm finding conflicting reports on the years that Harvest Tan was available and I'd like to see what you all think.

It says that the only year with Harvest Tan was the column shift 1946.  None of the other years had Harvest Tan, or for that matter, even Pasture Green.

But according to this link: https://www.thecj2apage.com/history.html
It says:
The next big change was paint colors. up until serial number 38221, the CJ-2A only came in two colors--Pasture Green and Harvest Tan. The Pasture Green 2A’s had Autumn Yellow wheels (a bright yellow) with a Pasture Green pin stripe. The Harvest Tan 2A’s used Sunset Red wheels (not a red but a bright pumpkin orange) with an Americar Black pin stripe. The pin stripe was ¼ inch wide and was just past the roll of the center part of the wheel. (Note: the paint color that is underline is Willys official name for the color)

In 1946 after serial number 38221 there were four more body colors "ADDED". Princeton Black (sometimes mentioned as Americar Black) Normandy Blue (a real dark navy blue), Michigan Yellow (a medium yellow) and Harvard Red (a bright red).

Am I correct in assuming that the first link is mistaken and that Pasture Green and Harvest Tan were the only colors that the CJ2A were available, for all years of production?  In that first chart, it shows the other colors like Black and Red in all years, but it only shows Tan and Green for early 46?

Which chart is correct?  Or maybe I'm misunderstanding something...?

Edited by Scratch - 05 Aug. 2022 at 3:08pm
43 GPW 93487 Blk
44 GPW 230283 OD
46 CJ2A 50100 Tan
46 CJ2A 77632 Wht
47 CJ2A 141681 Grn
48 CJ2A 156240 Red/Yel
48 CJ2A "Lefty" 181341 Red
61 CJ5 123120 Tan
03 TJ Inca Gld
Jeff J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2022 at 6:40pm
I don’t know the correct answer but this link shows a lot more than 2 (or even 6) colors for the CJ2A production run. 
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2022 at 7:46pm
  Do not use Kaiser-Willys’ catalog or website as a definitive source of correct information about jeeps. They are as likely to be wrong as they are to be right. 
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Jeff J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2022 at 9:18pm
My ‘47 appears to have been a pale (fiesta?) yellow originally. I don’t see any other colors under the yellow where it has worn through or is peeling on the fenders and tub. I think it had a title from 1960 when I bought it. This picture is from behind the dash. I posted a picture of the firewall in the frame tag thread. 
jhg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug. 2022 at 10:15am
The jeep I grew up with, a 1946 floor shift, was harvest tan under red paintbrush. It had the tool slot body. Unfortunately I do not have the numbers from it, that being something we did not think about back then. We just used it. I have no reason to believe the tub was not original to the rest of the jeep. Switching out tubs and stuff was not something Mainers did for fun or esthetics in their spare time back then. Nobody had spare time. So I do not believe it was ever a column shift.

Edited by jhg - 09 Aug. 2022 at 10:19am
1948 cj2a. Rebuilt L-head, steering, T90, WO 636, steering, brake lines. So far.
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2022 at 9:53am
You can go to the CJ2A forum data page and see that Harvest Tan and Pasture Green 2As are found well into 1948.  
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
 Post Reply Post Reply