Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

heater, original or not?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: heater, original or not?
    Posted: 25 July 2005 at 5:17pm

my 46 2a has a heater but its not like the others i have seen. and if you look in the pics you can see where it looks like someone bent the bottom of the dash out to install it. what do you guys think?

https://home.comcast.net/~jray8/HPIM0274.jpg

https://home.comcast.net/~jray8/HPIM0273.jpg

sorry the pics are fuzzy, when i went from the a/c in the house to the hot humid air the lens foggeed up.

Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 10:13pm
james i saw the same heater in a cj3b and a few willys wagons and pick-ups at the jeep show in york this weekend. thats about all i know about it.
Ritt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 12:45pm
I had the same in mine but in better shape since it came from CO. I never drive mine in winter nor do I have a top so I just removed it.
Rit

1948 2A,

"RAISIN COOKIES THAT LOOK LIKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES ARE THE MAIN REASON I HAVE TRUST ISSUES"
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 1:08pm

James,

After looking at several parts manuals (including my master parts list), I believe there was only two heaters available from the factory. The first was the driver side heater which has a part number of 640742. It initially pointed straight down and was later revised to be angled. I have searched for a part number change for this revision, but can find no evidence as such. The second heater assembly was mounted on the passenger side and has a p/n 669313.  My master parts list shows a picture of it which is different than the picture in your post. P/n 669313 is rectangular with two vents coming out the bottom and pointing to the driver side. Base on this info, I believe your heater is not original for your jeep. I'm sorry I can't tell you what it is... only what it isn't.

Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

jray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 3:46pm
thanks guys
 Post Reply Post Reply