Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Testing and Support for the forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello, and test pic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N8Gunnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello, and test pic
    Posted: 19 July 2005 at 10:56pm

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid= 1282853

Hello from Washington's Olympic Peninsula! I am currently getting my 1st Jeep roadworthy.It is a 1947 CJ2A, Ser.# 102471. Engine # is 48989.It has an F script Ford GPW head  on unkown engine block (Havent gotten the motor cleaned off yet.......) The body was re paneled from the fenders/firewall back in 1/8" steel plate. This was done back in the 1960's in Arkansas. Practically the entire tub was done in 1/8" steel. Not a bad looking job, either! Right now I am rebuilding the brakes and installing new axle bearings/seals/gasketts, New brake lines, fuel line,master cyl,shocks,fuel pump, re build the WO carb.

Not doing a frame off, but replaceing the necessary items to make it a safe fun little car again. Soon I will be useing electric shears to remove what is left of the original tub from underneath the heavy steel body. The frame is solid and will get wire brushed and coated with extend ruft converter and primed undercoated. i intend to bedliner the entire interior and then drive drive drive. Happy to see this new forum and hold high hopes of gaining more and more knowledge  from the other members of this forum.

Edited by N8Gunnr
"Weasel words from mollycoddles will never do when the day demands prophetic clarity from greathearts. Manly men must emerge for this hour of trial." --Theodore Roosevelt -President USA
N8Gunnr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N8Gunnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 10:57pm

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid= 1282850

WEBMASTER: I have pics and have used the "Add Image" feature on the Tools section of this post.....The picture shows fine in the "Preview Post" until I Post the new post, then it shows up as the dreaded "Red X"

Can you help me to get these pictures up? (Am trying to post the Image URL)

Edited by N8Gunnr
"Weasel words from mollycoddles will never do when the day demands prophetic clarity from greathearts. Manly men must emerge for this hour of trial." --Theodore Roosevelt -President USA
N8Gunnr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N8Gunnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 11:00pm
N8Gunnr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N8Gunnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 11:02pm
N8Gunnr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N8Gunnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 11:04pm
N8Gunnr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N8Gunnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 11:05pm
N8Gunnr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N8Gunnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 11:07pm
N8Gunnr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N8Gunnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 11:09pm
Doug View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 12:24am

Edited by Doug
Doug View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 12:31am

Looks like you're going to have to use a hosting service such as www.imageshack.us Pretty simple to use, if you need help please feel free to PM me. I see that that photo link automatically adds http:// to the begining of the photo, images shack does that for you so you will need to edit that off thier link.

Doug

N8Gunnr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N8Gunnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 1:33am

Test

N8Gunnr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N8Gunnr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 12:52pm
Thanks Doug,pasteing the URL from the site does not seem to work for me here.Hmmmmm Still trying to figure it out.
Doug View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 12:56pm

MOre than likely they have software to block linking to it, some call it bandwidth theft when you direct link to thier site, slows down use of thier site at the benefit of another site(this one).

Try using imageshack once, when you get the hang of it, it is pretty simple.

russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 9:19pm

Hi N8Gunner

Change this part of your link when you try to insert it.

postid= 1282861

to

postid=1282861

I think that space in the last part of the link is the problem.

Give it a try.

Russ

Doug View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 10:54pm

I tried it for him, it doesn't work...darn.

Pretty sure it is because that site doesn't allow direct linking to photos.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
shouting "...holy cow, what a ride!"
 Post Reply Post Reply