Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help, dimensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Francccj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help, dimensions
    Posted: 19 Aug. 2018 at 3:24pm
Hello,
 i have to repair my spare tire baffle for cj2a. I'm not sure of dimensions d1 et d2, (see photo)
Somebody could help me,  Thank!

Francois
outlw21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outlw21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2018 at 3:36pm
Classic Enterprises makes them- maybe an alternative
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2018 at 5:44am
Looks like Francccj2a is not in the USA.  D1 et D2 on mine appear to be the same, at 276.225 mm or 10.875 inches.  That is not an exact measurement, so if anyone else has something closer, please help.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2018 at 3:18pm
I would assume the wheel well would drive the dimensions side to side.  I am also assuming that the depth dimensions are consistent back to front as the wheel wells are square (not tapered).  Finally, one last assumption is that both wheel wells are symmetrical and the opposite side can be used to take measurements.  Added: I think that 2A through 3B measurements would be the same here.

Added:
Okay, upon more reflection....
I don't believe Willys would use odd measurements on many of the dimensions; most measurements would be rounded to something easily measured.  To me, most of the odd measurements I've found have been due to rust/paint build up or rust/corrosion eating away at the metal.

I've never been very accurate using a tape measure to find a length up against a corner (at least not as well as a professional carpenter!).

Using a caliper as a sliding measuring stick (and then measuring that against a flat tape measure) I get 10 3/8" (10.375").

I also measured (much easier BTW) across the top of the wheel well - behind the seat.  Tape measure against the side of the tub above the folded up lip from the wheel well out to the seam and again got 10 3/8"

Edited by Rus Curtis - 20 Aug. 2018 at 4:42pm
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
Francccj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Francccj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2018 at 9:58pm
Thanks a lot everybody, 

François
Québec

Francois
 Post Reply Post Reply