Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Research & History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help ID the bag

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Eisenhower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help ID the bag
    Posted: 14 Dec. 2020 at 2:41am
I Like Ike!
1948 CJ2a "Hefty Horse"
1994 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2016 Jeep JKU 75th anniversary edition
General Eisenhower View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Eisenhower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2020 at 2:43am
Can some someone ID the bag that is almost directly facing the camera? It's the lowest between the reflector and tail light. I'd like to get some for mine but cant find them or what they are
I Like Ike!
1948 CJ2a "Hefty Horse"
DMusil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMusil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2020 at 1:21pm
I would post this on the G503 forum.
DMusil
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Eisenhower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2020 at 1:24pm
I thought about it, but I can't find it on ww2 reproduction sites. It's an m38, so part of me thinks it's a Korean war production bag. So I wasn't sure if the g503 would know. I dont actually have an account there yet 
I Like Ike!
1948 CJ2a "Hefty Horse"
SlaterDoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlaterDoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2020 at 2:00pm
Looks like a standard small field pack. There are a few of them on there. Two more next to the driver on the bottom and probably others that are turned backwards.
It even shows the tag with the numbers on it!

Once a Navy man, always a Navy man!
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2020 at 2:10pm
Doesn't look like the same pack though similar, the eBay pack has 2 straps vs the single strap on pictured one.

I too would bet on G503 ID in just minutes probably.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2020 at 2:30pm
If it helps, I looks like to me, the side pouches are storage for magazines...
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Eisenhower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2020 at 3:18pm
Yea I agree that they could. Anyone a double member? It's an interesting and actually a very useful looking bag. I just cant believe how hard it is to find. 
Maybe this guy has the market cornered LOL
I Like Ike!
1948 CJ2a "Hefty Horse"
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec. 2020 at 10:43pm
A lot of us are "double members" You can be as well! Like this site, it is free. Heck you can even use the same user name! With your user name you will be a shoe in. They are not limited to WWII Jeeps either many folks there have CJs +/or M-38s.

As has been suggested it would be better if you post your question there instead of having the information relayed between one of us and you. Remember the game "telephone" that we played as kids? The shorter the information chain the better.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks, Cpt Logger.
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec. 2020 at 12:16am
Nearly every field pack we have used always has 2 straps for the weather flap and the tips of the strap will most likely have brass to stop frays. Older Era won't have snaps either they would be DOT fasteners.

Personally I think these are Commercial Repops and not an issued item. The US is also way too large. 

Search WWII Airborne Medical Bags or pouches

https://www.med-dept.com/articles/miscellaneous-medical-bags-packs/

Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Eisenhower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec. 2020 at 3:04am
I was thinking along the same lines. It was an intriguing bag that I hadn't seen before and if they were common I'd scoop a few up
I Like Ike!
1948 CJ2a "Hefty Horse"
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec. 2020 at 3:57am
Originally posted by 48cj2a 48cj2a wrote:

Personally I think these are Commercial Repops and not an issued item. The US is also way too large. 

This was my first thought too though it was based only on a hunch.

I have very little knowledge of the military stuff but these just don't look 'right' to me.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
 Post Reply Post Reply