Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help identifying paint color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blueiyz123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help identifying paint color
    Posted: 19 Oct. 2021 at 7:28pm
Can you please tell me if this is Michigan Yellow or Fiesta Yellow? Thank You

Edited by blueiyz123 - 19 Oct. 2021 at 10:00pm
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct. 2021 at 9:11pm
If you are dealing with a paint shop that can't match colors I suggest you look for another paint shop, rather than asking for opinions on pictures posted on the Internet.

I have no intention of insulting anyone, but any paint shop worth going to should be able to match a color. 

Since you named a couple of colors, why not look up the paint codes and have them shoot some chips?

Edited by Oldpappy - 19 Oct. 2021 at 9:12pm
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct. 2021 at 9:26pm
I might suggest going to the paint store that the shop does business and work with them if the shop doesn't want to match the color (I suspect they don't want to). Whipping up a color from scratch using random toners is extremely difficult- if you don't believe me, give it a go sometime.

You simply cannot make a modern paint with vintage formulas, the best you can do is to have someone scan the jeep's yellow and arrive at the closest match. The shop may be able to tint a scanned color around close enough to match the paint on your jeep, but only if they have toners from the paint system they're already working with.
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct. 2021 at 10:09pm
It's not Michigan Yellow, but I've never seen Fiesta Yellow

Fiesta Yellow was a Jeepster color apparently

https://www.autocolorlibrary.com/pages/1948-Willys.html

Edited by Joe Friday - 19 Oct. 2021 at 10:16pm
CubeTube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CubeTube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct. 2021 at 3:44pm
IMO, it looks closer to fiesta yellow.  I painted my father's Jeepster that color, and this color looks very similar.  Fiesta yellow has a slight creamy color hue, whereas Michigan yellow is a true yellow.
48' 2A
Fort Myers, Florida
blueiyz123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blueiyz123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct. 2021 at 4:36pm
I Agree. But when I purchased the jeep it was sold to me as Michigan Yellow.
Bitz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct. 2021 at 10:58pm

Edited by Bitz - 26 Oct. 2021 at 11:03pm
 Post Reply Post Reply