Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Here’s a Jeep story

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CathArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here’s a Jeep story
    Posted: 03 Oct. 2005 at 9:58pm

So I'm sure by now you have all seen my husbands posts in almost every area of this message forum.  He now has the picture of the M38A1 next to his name even though this is the CJ2A page.  Well my story starts with that particular jeep. It is a military jeep which my husband has always wanted but he wanted a WWII jeep not a Korean war jeep. He also has #21 of the CJ2A.  A while ago he gave me a jeep, a nice '46 that he has redone somewhat but it is also the plow so as for me driving it anywhere it is near impossible.  My dream has been to paint one pink like a Barbie jeep.  At first my husband said no way. Then as he has accumulated more of these "little wonders" he has come around a bit, I can paint my 46 pink when hes done with it (?)  He has talked about selling the M38 as it isnt really the one he wants, I however have fallen for the "little wonder" that is a little beefier than the cj2a's. and I'd like to paint it pink as it already has these neat heart rims on the rear. I think we could find more of those easy enough (e-bay??)  I can see them painted white with the hearts outlined in lilac or pink?? Anyway, I need some support here guys, he says no way because its military but I would keep it all original it would just be pink is all.  He has many of his projects with #21, the stinky jeep proving grounds jeep and of course the 46 (plow) so why cant I have this one???

Show me your support guys!

Catharf

CathArf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CathArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2005 at 10:33pm

I'm thinking something like this??

Catharf

Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2005 at 10:42pm

your pics are not coming through. Email me the pics I'd love to see them. I think you should do that jeep. As long as that jeep gets muddy it makes up for the color. It sounds like you guys use your jeeps. I say go for it. O yea, I dig the pig avatar.

good luck

mike g   

1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2005 at 10:43pm
ok there it is the pic is up. rock on. do a barbi jeep!
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
GaryArf View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2005 at 10:38pm
I need a little help here guys, would you let your wife paint your Military Jeep pink??????????? Help me out here!!!
Drifter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2005 at 11:32pm
well i can't really say no cause well it will be your jeep.  my jeep that I am working on now is purple, but will not stay that color, nor will it be any stock color.  i'd say go for it if your willing to do the spraying and future wrenching

my 2 cents

Luke

Luke

?? dj3a
-(to be tagged as 48 cj2a)
00 Ford Ranger
07 kia rio

in Ripley TN
CathArf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CathArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct. 2005 at 6:29am

I have no problem doing the spraying and wrenching as I do most of that on my own car anyway, I wouldn't take anything away from the original military specs it would just be pink is all. We love to drive them around and find new trails to go down and at least once a year we go to a local mud run and I get to bury it. I'm not sure what is more fun though, getting it stuck in the mud, or Gary's expression when I get it stuck in the mud.    I think I'm not going to get a whole lot of response here because all you guys are worried what will happen with your wives if I'm allowed to paint one pink.  What might your wife want??

Cat

Drifter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct. 2005 at 10:34am
well she can't help you there since I don't have a wife, but I do have a girlfriend (with a lil talk of rings on fingers).  She doesn't have any kind of affinity for the color pink (green she loves tho and not exactly olive drab).  She has however made me promise to SOMEDAY get her either an mg roadster or A or a jeepster.  and even then she wants green and probably not a stock color

I'm not trying to undermine someone else's work, but if it is YOUR jeep.  However, get ready for flack from him and any other purists

but ask him about the dj surrey if you don't already know about it

another 2 cents
Luke

Edited by Drifter
Luke

?? dj3a
-(to be tagged as 48 cj2a)
00 Ford Ranger
07 kia rio

in Ripley TN
Harriet View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harriet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct. 2005 at 1:45pm
Cat, I say go for it! It's only a colour at the end of the day.
My poor hubby has a different problem with me - we have a red 46 which should be green - guess what I want to do. Yep I want it green!
Drifter, the MGB came in BRG (and others we think) so you will be OK with giving your girl what she wants! As for the Jeepster I'm totally biased and prefer Red - like my old girl!
Whatever makes you happy - have fun with it!

Harriet

Edited by Harriet
46 CJ2A 14509

50 Jeepster
58 4WD Truck

My Link
I AM the understanding wife!
Anyone seen my marbles?
Always hoisted by my own petard!
CathArf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CathArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2005 at 6:24am

Thank You all for your support, I don't see anything wrong with just painting it pink. Its not like I want to drop a big V-8 in and put some super swampers on it I just want a Barbie jeep and with the heart rims it has it would be perfect!

And yes we have talked about the Surrey jeep, and granted it is a cool ride but that doesnt look like the Barbie jeep, the M38 I think is the closest to the Barbie.  Gary however is now looking on e-bay for a Surrey trying to placate me, as he thinks this will stop my wanting of the M38.

It can always be painted green again later right??

Cat

Harriet View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harriet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2005 at 1:38pm
Too true - go for it!

H
46 CJ2A 14509

50 Jeepster
58 4WD Truck

My Link
I AM the understanding wife!
Anyone seen my marbles?
Always hoisted by my own petard!
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct. 2005 at 7:58pm

Cat,

If I had a wife or girlfriend that enjoyed the Jeep world as much as it sounds like you do, was willing to share my hobby with me, and could do her own wrenching, why, if she wanted to paint "her" Jeep pink, I'd say it was a small price to pay. The fact that it's a Military Jeep does make it a little harder to take, but I think I could live with it. Any more like you out there?  BW

It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
CathArf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CathArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct. 2005 at 10:56pm

Bruce,

Awwwwww, thanks   !  Gary doesn't often let me wrench on the jeeps but I do wrench on my own car and the lawnmowers when needed. And yes I do love to drive them around and play in the mud. As far as any more like me I've heard some say that they broke the mold after me.  My husband would say that's probably a good thing too.  He thinks I am an "online rebel woman" as I often voice my opinion, sometimes loudly, and the humor often shows through. I have another post under tech questions about finding pink paint that has elicited alot of response.  Like I said before I am patient and will continue my pursuit to get my Barbie jeep. And hopefully I can post some pics as I am sure all who have responded will want to see it when it is done. 

Cat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2005 at 8:28pm

Item number: 4583359943

check this out catharf

1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
 Post Reply Post Reply