Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Modifications from original
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Herm Ford Steering Conversion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davemacinnh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Herm Ford Steering Conversion
    Posted: 16 June 2018 at 12:24am
Hello all! new to the forum here. I have been rebuilding what was going to be an MB on a CJ2A frame but have now decided to do a '48 CJ2A on a CJ2a frame.  I  have swapped all MB parts for Cj2A parts with an awesome guy from Vermont. I did Brennan's disk brake conversion on all four corners. I will be doing what Millenium Falcon did and put a VW TDI in it, with his help and knowledge.  I am also doing the ford manual steering conversion with original column conversion kit from Herm.  Does anyone have any tip on doing this? anyone care to share some photos of their steering conversion mount?  just wanted to see what fabrication if any was needed on this.  I had foot surgery last week so I am off work for a few weeks but laid up inside, so I have a lot of time to make sure everything is going to go as planned.  I have all the parts for all of it, I just need to be able to get up into the barn!!
Thanks!!!
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2018 at 4:54am
I emailed herm about this and he directed me to his website. there are a few pictures on there, but not much info. I couldn't find much on google either. 
davemacinnh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davemacinnh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2018 at 11:03am
I got all the parts from Herm and will post pictures as I go along. Seems pretty easy and straight forward really. But we shall see!
 Post Reply Post Reply